Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swampfox43

Could this be the new Wachovia design?

9 posts in this topic

This looks nothing like the other photo that was on UP (blue glass, triangular slant roof). I grabbed this photo in July of 2006 according to the "get info" on the picture, but I cannot remember to save my life where I got this from. This is actually a cropped picture from a full size rendering showing other future Charlotte buildings, some proposed, some already under construction. Funny how the original convention center with it's notable pyramids is visable to the left of the new building, and not even in the right place. Is this old news? If so, I apologize. I like the building though.

cltlocation2.jpg

Here is the full photo:

cltlocation2z.jpg

For some reason it seems I remember someone on UP creating this picture. They did the whole of uptown using the aerial shot that the vue had on there website. I think this picture may be correct in massing but the design is the imagination of whoever created it and not anyone affiliated with the project.

I agree, some parts of the photo were cruedly drawn like the new baseball field, and the misplacing of buildings makes me think this was something posted on this website.

I remember having seen this before too. I originally thought I had seen this rendering as part of the land swap deal, but then checked out the Charlotte Center City Partners website and found this mock up:

aerial_lg.jpg

This was done by someone on here probably a year or so ago to show what the buildings/massings/etc of all the towers would look like when completed. I don't have the energy to search, but these can probably be found in the Uptown Project Rundown thread somewhere. Wachovia will look nothing like this. In fact, the WB tower here is made up of parts of the Vue topped by Interstate Tower's roof. Look closely, you'll see.

What the heck is that flap-looking thing on top next to the turret?

Well, swampfox, you got that photo from here: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=374429

It was done by Ryepow, from his/her own creativity on the design based on scaling of massing diagrams we had seen by that time. It is not the real design, as the latest siteplans do not match with that rendering.

Norm's pic is pretty much what I'm counting as the reliable version.

yes, it's just a building I created in the place of where the new Wachovia building would go, nothing more. It is not from any other designs. I just imagined something kind of modern at that hight and combined other eliments from other buildings in the city.