Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

Ann Arbor Meetup

11 posts in this topic

trainwreck.jpg

I love this image, a classic Ann Arbor trainwreck, quite similar to how our past Ann Arbor meetups happen. It rains, or people come on the wrong day. But I'm convinced that we can have another one, and it will be succesful. So, what do you all think, shall we do a forum meetup in AA, and what days/times work for everyone?

Well, I can sort of make that work for myself, but I'm not sure if that will work with other people connsidering a lot of members here either have class, or have jobs between 8-5. I was thinking more of a weekend. Like a Sunday or something.

A meetup sounds good, but you have to tell me if you're going to cancel it BEFORE I leave my house and drive to Ann Arbor, not when I'm already in Ann Arbor. Remember last time?

As far as a time....well....weekends work best. I have stuff going on for the next 6 Friday evenings, although I could do something earlier in the day (I'd have to be back in Detroit by 4:00pm).

Actually Allan, it was moved to a week earlier. But yes, the lack of communication was pretty bad.

You must be thinking of a different one, because I'm thinking of the one where you PMed me to tell me that we weren't having the meetup the day of the meet. And it just so happened that I'd already left home. Bah!

oh good, the meetup didn't happen yet! whew! I finally don't check here for a week and something happens.

For me, Sat and Sun are free. Friday are open, from 2:00-5:30 (I guess not very open). Wed. I'm free from 4:00 on, but I might have homework to do.

Really, the best for me is the weekend, and I think the weekends are probably best for everyone anyway.

I guess I'm not really bumping this since it's still at the top of the page, but...

::bump::

I really like that trainwreck image I found. Ann Arbor has too many trainwrecks.

How saddening, even after Ian's amazing train wreck picture still no meet-up. Perhaps in the spring?