Why are medical dramas so popular?

voyager12

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well medical shows aren't all the rage. Chicago Hope died.

But there's a Law & Order and CSI for every day in the week.

What was so popular about westerns in the 50s and 60s? They were so boring!!!!

I don't really watch t.v. much except for Fox News, which I absolutely love (Just Kidding :D ). But seriously I don't watch t.v. much. But, people love doctors. They're cool people. They walk around in scrubs all day wearing cool shoes and saving lives---and they make lots and lots of money. It's the American dream to: (1) wear cool clothes (2) save someone's life, and (3) get rich.

Same way with lawyers. People hate them as a group, but everyone has a friend who is one, and everyone thinks it's cool that they go to court, wear cool suits (well most of them anyway) and argue cases.

i'm a big fan of grey's anatomy and watch it religiously. i think the attraction of some shows (regardless of genre) is the ability to connect with the characters.

aside from grey's anatomy, i am also addicted to desperate housewives (which is better this season than last season). i also watch law and order reruns on TNT quite a bit, and when those aren't on, i watch SVU or criminal intent on USA.

^ Homicide: Life on the Street was the best show I've ever watched, especially in its early years. I never knew what to expect from that show. I was very upset when they took it off the air.....

One episode in particular, where a man was pushed into a subway train and became wedged in between the train and floor, was one of the best shows I'd ever seen. I don't think a t.v. show has ever affected me that much.

^ Homicide: Life on the Street was the best show I've ever watched, especially in its early years. I never knew what to expect from that show. I was very upset when they took it off the air.....

One episode in particular, where a man was pushed into a subway train and became wedged in between the train and floor, was one of the best shows I'd ever seen. I don't think a t.v. show has ever affected me that much.

I love House on Fox.

Archived