Monroe

dimebag1980

For the second time in 2 years, hundreds of people will be losing their jobs in Monroe. Last year it was State Farm, which closed its Monroe operations center and eliminated about 1,000 jobs... now it's Guide Corp. who manufactures headlights and turn signals for General Motors. Guide will be eliminating, in total, about 800 jobs.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/4426047.html

According to the 6:00 news on Shreveport's KTBS 3, many people from Monroe were at a huge job fair in the Shreveport-Bossier region today seeking relocation for employment. While that is great for this region, it's not great for Monroe and northeast Louisiana.

I truly believe there is enough of a good economic environment in Louisiana today for Monroe to prosper as well, but they haven't found the correct formula yet. I really like Monroe-West Monroe, and I feel that area has a lot to offer. I'd love to see a major employer locate in that region and bring with them 1,500+ jobs. With Louisiana's other main cities all prospering, it's very strange and disheartening to see Monroe's economic outlook so similar to that of Shreveport-Bossier in the mid-80s.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived