Memphis Skyline

watnow1425

Over the weekend I went over and took a few pics. My computer is slow tonight so I only have one right now but will do more tomorrow.

View of Memphis on Dacus Lake Rd. (notice the density around the Sterick and First Tenn)

100_1872_0001.jpg

by the way, does anyone know a easy way to get to the Mississippi River on the Arkansas side. There are alot of Do No Trespass signs.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics!.

I have to wonder why Arkansas is not developing that land right across from Memphis, and capitalizing on the view.

The waterfront of Jersey City NJ (where I was born) was for years vacant with unused railroad tracks and overgrown vegetation, before it was realized that one of the most breathtaking views in the world was being sqandered. You should see the JC waterfront now.

The same could be done, on a smaller scale, with the Arkansas side of the Mississippi across from Memphis.

Who owns that land anyway?

Wow...I had no idea how One Beale would not be as close to the density of the skyline...I really hope that the project that fills the void where the Vue was going to go will be a tower...that will add density between Peabody Place Tower and SunTrust

O, and speaking of skyline...Oprah has been doing a road trip segment each Tuesday on her show...well, on this week's, she was in Memphis. The shots of downtown made it seem so big!!

Great pics!.

I have to wonder why Arkansas is not developing that land right across from Memphis, and capitalizing on the view.

The waterfront of Jersey City NJ (where I was born) was for years vacant with unused railroad tracks and overgrown vegetation, before it was realized that one of the most breathtaking views in the world was being sqandered. You should see the JC waterfront now.

The same could be done, on a smaller scale, with the Arkansas side of the Mississippi across from Memphis.

Who owns that land anyway?

I appreciate the great detail. I thought the Lincoln American building was being renovated. Is that vacant like Sterrick? It's a shame that building is sitting untouched. Atlanta would have loved to have the Sterrick... yes there are some grand old buildings, but I just can't believe Sterrick is not being cared for. Shame... shame... shame.

Archived