Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

watnow1425

Memphis Skyline

22 posts in this topic

Over the weekend I went over and took a few pics. My computer is slow tonight so I only have one right now but will do more tomorrow.

View of Memphis on Dacus Lake Rd. (notice the density around the Sterick and First Tenn)

100_1872_0001.jpg

by the way, does anyone know a easy way to get to the Mississippi River on the Arkansas side. There are alot of Do No Trespass signs.

Great pic!

Memphis's skyline is so long it really has to be looked at from a far distance to give its full impact.

I'm looking forward to seeing further pics from the Arkansas side of the river! :thumbsup:

That's a great shot!

I've been known to drive over to AR, then drive back, just to see that view. :P

yeah the view from the arkansas side is by far the best, if you decide to go over and take more pics i would think it might be much better a little further away...

ooooo now imagine... one beale, horizon, and trinity tower in that photo... and maybe just for kicks... vue on main(which got canceled)

ooooo now imagine... one beale, horizon, and trinity tower in that photo... and maybe just for kicks... vue on main(which got canceled)

I did not know the skyline was that long. You can just see the history of DT. Very Very nice cluster surrounding the Sterick.

Well I got four more pictures for you to see.

This one is under the Old Bridge; there was a Authorized Vehicles Only sign so I walked.

100_1876_0001.jpg

100_1869_0001.jpg

100_1873_0001.jpg

100_1874_0001.jpg

enjoy :D

Well I got four more pictures for you to see.

This one is under the Old Bridge; there was a Authorized Vehicles Only sign so I walked.

100_1876_0001.jpg

100_1869_0001.jpg

100_1873_0001.jpg

100_1874_0001.jpg

enjoy :D

We just need some infill towers now to fill in the big gaps, particularly between the former UP tower and the Pyramid. Trinity will definitely help!

Great pics!.

I have to wonder why Arkansas is not developing that land right across from Memphis, and capitalizing on the view.

The waterfront of Jersey City NJ (where I was born) was for years vacant with unused railroad tracks and overgrown vegetation, before it was realized that one of the most breathtaking views in the world was being sqandered. You should see the JC waterfront now.

The same could be done, on a smaller scale, with the Arkansas side of the Mississippi across from Memphis.

Who owns that land anyway?

the problem with the arkansas side is that it is a flood region, memphis is built up on a bluff

Wow...I had no idea how One Beale would not be as close to the density of the skyline...I really hope that the project that fills the void where the Vue was going to go will be a tower...that will add density between Peabody Place Tower and SunTrust

O, and speaking of skyline...Oprah has been doing a road trip segment each Tuesday on her show...well, on this week's, she was in Memphis. The shots of downtown made it seem so big!!

Great pics!.

I have to wonder why Arkansas is not developing that land right across from Memphis, and capitalizing on the view.

The waterfront of Jersey City NJ (where I was born) was for years vacant with unused railroad tracks and overgrown vegetation, before it was realized that one of the most breathtaking views in the world was being sqandered. You should see the JC waterfront now.

The same could be done, on a smaller scale, with the Arkansas side of the Mississippi across from Memphis.

Who owns that land anyway?

So help fill in a novice on where the new towers would go. I know what some of the buildings are. But which one is the Pyramid... j/k.

So help fill in a novice on where the new towers would go. I know what some of the buildings are. But which one is the Pyramid... j/k.

Thanks for the instructions... the new buildings will make nice additions to the skyline.

On the bridge over the Wolf River, you get a great view of the skylines of Downtown, Midtown, and East Memphis.

The levee is a good mile from the river on the Arkansas side. It would be very difficult to build anything inside the levee. I hope they never do, because I love the juxtaposition of the cotton fields on one side and the Memphis skyscrapers on the other.

To the right of it the stepped building is the Morgan Keegan Tower. Just behind it, the thin white tower is the Lincoln American Life Building where the fire was recently.

I appreciate the great detail. I thought the Lincoln American building was being renovated. Is that vacant like Sterrick? It's a shame that building is sitting untouched. Atlanta would have loved to have the Sterrick... yes there are some grand old buildings, but I just can't believe Sterrick is not being cared for. Shame... shame... shame.