Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goothrey

DKR Texas Memorial Stadium

22 posts in this topic

I think this stadium and its expansions deserve its own section.

First Project:

Godzillatron

dimage10d11cd596d9388fad0373697d5wn3.jpg

dkr1024x768fv7.jpg

2008 Stadium Construction:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/ind...hange_well_id=2

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sp...dium/index.html

dkrexpansionob0.jpg

300pxtexasmemorialstadiumuu5.jpg

Master Plan:

29nc7.jpg

South endzone would be closed taking away the horse shoe shape increasing the capacity to 110,000.

Feel free to look up more information on the final product for I havent much luck.

Texas football is turning into a Dynasty! I've been to PSU, 108,000 I believe, when that places gets rockin you can feel it through your hole body! I will have to see a game there one day.

I wonder how much it would cost to enclose the endzone seeing how the north endzone addition is 150 million. If BCS bowl wins keep coming our way, they will have plenty to go around.

I personally would like to get a close up look at that "master plan" model. It would be hard to imagine the noise level at that place. Seeing how the Godzillatron was recently built I would imagine that this project would start from 20 to 30 years from now sadly. That is too long for me.

I am sure that the record capacity will be beaten when A&M comes to town. Who knows, attendance could break 90,000.

dkr-expansion-3.jpg

dkr-expansion-4.jpg

dkrsketch1.jpg

dkrsketch2.jpg

Can you imagine how many seats could be added if they decided to add any seats to the South Endzone side? Look at that those renderings! That's over 90,000 seats, and that's only on 3 sides of the field! That leave SO much room for expansion in the future if Texas ever decided to go that route.

Around 92,000 with a chance to have even more after the expansions are done. Texas deserves to have that many as well and it's about time they expanded the stadium.

I always thought it was cool to have one endzone devoted to the student section. They should keep that aspect.

Once they close the horseshoe, they could then add on a whole additonal upper deck, increasing capacity to lets say 180,000, and still sell out every game and make it difficult for me to get tickets. :)

I have recently heard that the north endzone construction will be at the half way point at the start of next season.

Demolition will begin on the north end zone two weeks after the final home game on Nov. 24 against Texas A&M.

The lower deck of the stadium is projected to be completed before the 2007 season, with an upper deck, club seats and suites being added for 2008 while raising capacity above 90,000.

Using Google Sketchup, I have ruffly created what the stadium will look like.

It is not quite finished but when it is, I will post more pictures.

How do you like it so far?

yozt5.png

yoyomk5.png

The architecture is uninspiring. It looks like it could be on the side of a Houston interstate. Maybe they could put a better crown on top of those mini towers and include more stone.

Eh, it's a college football stadium. It doesn't need to be an architectural gem.

Eh, it's a college football stadium. It doesn't need to be an architectural gem.

^Relevant? Not entirely.

But I will say that the aggies should think about selling out their stadium before any expansion talk. 12th man? Dont think so.