Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nola17

New Film Studio Breaks Ground This Morning

8 posts in this topic

I was watching WDSU this morning and they mentioned that a new film studio breaks ground today at the corner of glaves and st.louis.

I dont have all the details, hopefully they will have something about it later today.

THIS IS BIG FOR NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yessir, I heard about the ground breaking this morning also. I'm sure NOLA.com will have the story up soon enough, to get some more details of what's going on. Great to see the post-Katrina film industry work begin in "Hollywood South." New Orleans is also getting involved in the videogame industry, with sound stages and production centers planned in that field as well.

Here we go..

Sound stage, production studio to be built in Trem

Some more info..

Hollywood South returns

The big screen returns to the Big Easy

Article

And click here to watch the WWLTV news video for plenty of information on the company, project, and its impact on New Orleans. :thumbsup:

They say that the project should be complete by early 2008.

Anyway this would really help bring developement to that area of the city. Especially the projects

Great news! Another very impressive step in solidifying "Hollywood South".

lil boosie has dubbed us "holly rouge." Not sure if that is related to our growing status in the film industry...

Fantastic news. Now if we can get that steel plant in the area...that would be an additional 4000 jobs gained in the region. HUGE!!