Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGerbil

Ground broken for African American cultural center

8 posts in this topic

It reminds me of the designs which are popular and becoming commonplace across Europe. I'm glad August Wilson is being honored this way. IMO he's given back a lot more to Pittsburgh than Andy Warhol did. It's ironic that he's written so much about Pittburgh but is more reknown in NYC than here, while we've been honoring Warhol, who shunned Pittsburgh Maybe this will change that.

At two stories tall, I think it is too short for the block. I thought they were considering condos on additional floors? It is a cool design, just wish it was taller given the heights of buildings next to it.

20061019ho_WilsonCenter1_450.jpg

I had forgotten about the condos. I guess there wasn't enough money for that. Too bad.

Love the building. Notice the yellow line allows for one lane in a single direction. The glass windows are open to the street. This is a very inviting building for both people walking by as well as driving by. I imagine inviting was the architects intention.

Brad

I was just thinking that the blank wall in the corner would be a sweet place for a jumbotron haha