Rockford to ban Halloween activities

Timize

Do you agree that all Halloween activites should be banned from public schools?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rockford to ban Halloween activities

• Yes
    • No

I first heard about this while I was watching the news. Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? First they ban the pledge of allegiance, then the word "Christmas," and now Halloween. I think its really not necessary. It's a national holiday, everyone should be able to celebrate it whether they are 10 years old or 30.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again. <_<

Politically Correctivness takes yet another step in its relentless quest to strip from humanity any an all traces of self expression and culteral identity. Someone tell me what the heck is wrong with wearing a little costume for a few hours. Come on people! Holloween is not evil. It's not going to turn our kids into Satan worshipers or somthing. Its just a holiday ment to have a little fun that's all. Oh I forgot we can't let our kids have fun ethier because we're afraid they will hurt themselves playing tag in recess.

Politically correctivness annoys me to no end! :angry:

I was under the impression that there was more to the story then political correctness -- although I could be wrong. Don't ask me what the real story was.

I remember back in school that some of the local moms (who I might add were also pretty active church going moms) would come in and help us decorate the school with themes related to the holiday. You know Cobb webs, spiders, corn, pumpkins, etc... Typically the moms would dress as Elvira or The Wicked Witch and pass out candy as we would parade through the school in our costumes.

The only holiday that I can recall that was even objected to was Valentine's Day. I remember a parent objecting to the holiday because it promoted sex. As absurd as that sounds, there was a healthy dose of reality when parents were finding out that a group of kids were passing out Hershey Kisses in exchange for the french variety...

Hoogerland says he was looking at the attendance records from the last few years and saw a pattern - eight to ten kids would consistently be absent on the day of the party, or leave before it started.

He says no one complained, but he wanted to be proactive.

Yes, but the last I heard kids were only allowed to wear "sports attire" like football uniforms and cheerleader outfits. It's so ridiculous. Then kids were complaining to parents that they hated sports and didn't want to dress that way. I think if parents don't like the ghouls, goblins and zombies aspect, then dress your kid in something else. It REALLY will not turn kids into satan worshippers. Jeez.

Archived