Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfwtiger

Southwest Loop Boulevard

2 posts in this topic

The city council will consider a $7 million + bid for a segment of the southwest loop boulevard.

Questions:

Where is this located?

Has anyone seen the sections for this highway?

Is it a real boulevard....median with trees...sidewalks...and so on?

Would it make sense to create an overlay with development standards and guidelines for this new boulevard in order to prevent mistakes of the past?

The city council will consider a $7 million + bid for a segment of the southwest loop boulevard.

Questions:

Where is this located?

Has anyone seen the sections for this highway?

Is it a real boulevard....median with trees...sidewalks...and so on?

Would it make sense to create an overlay with development standards and guidelines for this new boulevard in order to prevent mistakes of the past?

This is located as the name implies in the southwest portion of the city. This loop road will funtion as a bypass for traffic coming from the south side of Murfreesboro in order to avoid going through the city to get to SR-840 or I-24. The first segment will be from the Highway 96 (Beesley Road) to South Church Street. The next leg will connect South Church street to the Joe B. Jackson Parkway interchange. The final and third leg will connect from Manchester Highway to John Bragg Highway (Woodbury Highway). The city has adopted new standards which will more than likely prevent mistakes in the past (i.e. going ahead and making the road five lanes instead of three, having overpasses over major arterials instead of creating time consuming intersections, building bridges over railroad crossings instead of none...you get the idea). This road will IMO cause more development and craziness as far as traffic is concerned, but still worth the effort in order to relieve us for now. I think Murfreesboro would be a much different place had the city leaders of the past went ahead with the original plan for starting with five interchanges on I-24 instead of just two.

Edited by Justiceham