"1" Hotel Chain to Debut in Fort Lauderdale

tombarnes

Starwood has annouced that its newest chain will break ground in Fort Lauderdale with an upper-end property- possibly on the site of the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel (or possibly the Yankee Trader, though that's not on the beach). I'd like to see them keep the original building of the Yankee Clipper, though most of the newer additions could easily be demolished without bringing tears tro my eyes.

Hotel-Online/The Sun Sentinel

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starwood has annouced that its newest chain will break ground in Fort Lauderdale with an upper-end property- possibly on the site of the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel (or possibly the Yankee Trader, though that's not on the beach). I'd like to see them keep the original building of the Yankee Clipper, though most of the newer additions could easily be demolished without bringing tears tro my eyes.

Hotel-Online/The Sun Sentinel

Good point. I think that the hotel and condominium developers aren't even considering where average vacationers might go....except away. This rather cynical attitude may come back to haunt them if too many hotels and condos are built. For the forseeable future, however, I think there is still a bit of room for more in Fort Lauderdale, but there will have to have a definite ceiling.

Archived