Hendersonville's Indian Lake Village

ATLBrain

it was mentioned in this pdf from 2005, although there are other things that have since changed. (Rave replaced by Regal, etc)

http://www.continental-communities.com/pdf/press/21.pdf

The recent Tennessean article mentions that there is "space for a commuter rail station" which to me only means that it is possible, not necessarily that it's likely:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ESS02/802240385

i fear that the idea could have been thrown around simply for buzz in the initial stages, and that any solid plans for it have been thrown by the wayside. i can't find anything current that shows any signs that actual plans have been made for this.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, that store has been in operation for several years now. I have heard that they have the highest grossing deli in all of the Publix system. It was attributed to the hundreds of construction workers on the Indian Lake Village about a mile away.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of another Publix in Hendersonville very soon, probably in the Station Camp area. Can you tell that Publix is a client of ours? Great company, but I'd think that even if we didn't do biz with them.

• 1 month later...

An article on Indian Lake Village in the NBJ this week. Developers are looking for a major corporation to land in this development. It is also on the short list of a few companies. This is good for the area but not necessarily good for Nashville proper, especially DT. Thus the need for a May Town type project in Davidson County; but Bells Bend? I dont know.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../11/focus6.html

More development of this type will not help sprawl. I think I have said that before.

Ok this is a novice question/statement. If Davidson County is looking to compete with places like Indian Lake and Cool Springs for corporate location, why can't buildings like WES and the Eakin Tower, etc. bring corporations or businesses into downtown? I know Cool Springs has a plus with schools, but is downtown really not able to compete?

I would much rather see one of these buildings (WES, Eakin, Lionstone) land an anchor so construction can start, rather than a Bells Bend May Town Center. I agree with smeagolsfree in that this (Indian Lake, Bells Bend) is not the best thing to curb sprawl.

Also, I think Tony should consider office space in Signature rather than the May Town Center. I am asking/saying ridiculous things (I know money has a lot to do with it)? I just don't understand why we can't focus on developing around downtown. I know there has been good progress (new residential, commercial), but it seems Nashville has not taken advantage of its positives. I feel Nashville is headed in the right direction with recent developments such as the Gulch and better transport options with BRT and Music City Central. I guess a lot has to do with politics and money. Just wish things like light rail, more commuter rail, good thought out convention center, good retail center, baseball stadium DT, Rolling Mill, buildings that are delayed, art centers, riverfront emphasis, etc. were ahead a bit more. I guess Nashville is a little behind the curve, plus the economy isn't helping.

I guess I am trying to hurry time and just need to sit back and enjoy Nashville's transformation.

I agree, but this is a mystery to me and I dont understand it either, however, time will tell. I do think that with a number of companies still looking at the Nashville area, something may break soon with one of the large projects DT. We can only hope so.

I am sure that Palmer and Eakin are courting some large companies, but who they are other than 1st TN Bank, I dont know.

• 8 months later...

so i have a few questions about retail in hendersonville. i'm sure someone has some inside information!! first, what is the new building beside world market going to be? i've heard rumors of t.j maxx and kirklands. any truth to this? also, anybody know anything about the crosssings at indian lake? there is a sign up for huntington learning center on one of the buildings. there is room for several more retailers there though. lastly (i promise), i've heard talking of a whole foods store coming to hendersonville. does anybody know anything about this? i think that it would be great! a trader joe's would be pretty cool too!

Archived