Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Lieberman extends lead over Lamont

32 posts in this topic

According to a Quinnipiac College poll, Lieberman has increased his lead to 17 points over Ned Lamont. This is a significant increase over the 10 points he was ahead in late September. All indications are that I will be correct, Lieberman appears to be doing very well with Republicans and, more importantly, Independants, and is holding a decent amount of Democrats. Unless he really slips up and starts sending some IM's to someone he shouldn't, it looks like he'll retain his seat.

Hartford Courant story

Wow, that is quite interesting. Ever since he lost the Democratic nomination for the seat, I've kept a close eye on this particular race. It will certainly create some unique dynamics if he does maintain the lead to win the seat.

Unless he really slips up and starts sending some IM's to someone he shouldn't, it looks like he'll retain his seat.

Lieberman is like a republican candidate with a good amount of support among Independents who has managed to hold on to some dems at this point. I'll never vote for him again, but I think he will win this time around. I hope if he does win, he does go ahead an change parties. I don't care about the repubs picking up the seat, I just want it to be clear and out in the open where is support comes from.

Lieberman is like a republican candidate with a good amount of support among Independents who has managed to hold on to some dems at this point. I'll never vote for him again, but I think he will win this time around. I hope if he does win, he does go ahead an change parties. I don't care about the repubs picking up the seat, I just want it to be clear and out in the open where is support comes from.

The Republicans aren't picking up the seat, not sure why you'd say that....

I meant he might as well change his affiliation to Republican, I wouldn't even care about the dems losing the seat. With most Dems no longer supporting him what are his grounds for claiming to be any kind of Democrat?

Tycoon, c'mon brother, he's not a Republican. I think he'll have plenty of support left. Just wait until the Democrats have a vote coming up and he's one of the swing votes, you'll see how quick they come to pat his bottom again.

Tycoon, c'mon brother, he's not a Republican. I think he'll have plenty of support left. Just wait until the Democrats have a vote coming up and he's one of the swing votes, you'll see how quick they come to pat his bottom again.

This will be one of the few seats the Republicans will win this fall.

Yes, I am surprised the voters in CT are voting for "Stay the Course".

Yes, I am surprised the voters in CT are voting for "Stay the Course".

Why would you be surprised? Isn't Connecticut know as the land of steady habits?

Lieberman is like the Democrats used to be before the nutjobs got hold of the party. He is a JFK type Democrat. Of course, JFK was more like a Republican than than he is like LaMont.

Lieberman is like the Democrats used to be before the nutjobs got hold of the party. He is a JFK type Democrat. Of course, JFK was more like a Republican than than he is like LaMont.

I could support and respect that if he wasn't in bed with the biggest nutjobs to ever run the Republican party.

And Lamont is in bed with the biggest nutjob to ever run the State (Weicker, btw, was also a Republican for the majority of his tenure in Politics). Are we all voting for Schlesinger now?

Alliances with Weiker are preferable than to Bush in my book. I mean it's really a matter of personal preferance at this point. Anyone who is not furious with Bush is blind or dishonest in my opinion. I don't apologize for holding that view and wanting to toss certain people out on their a** but I understand there are people who strongly disagree with me and that is the beauty of America.

Tycoon,

With Bush's approval rating around 38%, that means that 4 out of every 10 think he is doing a good job and 6 out of 10 think he is doing poorly. That's not really such a big difference.

So if you don't know anyone who isn't furious with Bush, you circle of friends is very like-minded. Or you are intolerate of diverse opinions. You need to get out more.

This is the biggest problem in the country. No one can see the other side's good points.

Tycoon,

With Bush's approval rating around 38%, that means that 4 out of every 10 think he is doing a good job and 6 out of 10 think he is doing poorly. That's not really such a big difference.

So if you don't know anyone who isn't furious with Bush, you circle of friends is very like-minded. Or you are intolerate of diverse opinions. You need to get out more.

This is the biggest problem in the country. No one can see the other side's good points.

"Anyone who is not furious with Bush is blind or dishonest in my opinion."

In other words anyone who disagrees with your opinion isn't worth listening to. Can that be interpeted any other way?.

Bush was dealt a very tough hand. He thinks he is doing what is best for America and for future generations of Americans. I disagree with him on many, many points. But I don't understand people who want bad things to happen to America because they don't like Bush especially since none of them offer solutions.