Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaxpalmer

urban planning at usc...

8 posts in this topic

what degrees/programs are offered at the university of south carolina that deal with urban planning and development? any info would be great, thanks :shades:

Unfortunately there are none. You can take classes through the Geography and Political Science Departments that are related, but there is no degree. The only related degrees in this state are at the College of Charleston with its Bachelor's in Urban Studies degree, and at Clemson, with its Master of City & Regional Planning degree.

ive considered getting a masters in urban planning. :shades: i would have gone to fla,ga, and i think there is one in nc. i wasnt to keen on being in clemson :blush:

ive considered getting a masters in urban planning. :shades: i would have gone to fla,ga, and i think there is one in nc. i wasnt to keen on being in clemson :blush:

UNC - good school, well respected, old program, very policy oriented, huge class size, no guarantee on assistantships, Chapel Hill snobery to deal with (wine and cheese anyone?)

VA Tech - good school, no complaints, Blacksburg is a small college town (similar to Clemson)

thanks for the information! very helpful stuff :shades:

It might be a surprise to you - but Clemson's urban planning program is very well recognized. Often the best planning programs are irrelevant to an urban center or even a 'well planned' urban center. Clemson has had many college projects in Atlanta for example, which obviously serves as a great laboratory for a planning student.

Also - chi2midlands points out about Va Tech's program, regional planning is a very rewarding & growing discipline.