Springfield Sports News

• 1 month later...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Missouri State Bears just beat No. 7 Wisconsin in the BIG 10 66-64! The Bears are now 4-0 and look to have a phenomenal season, and to also upset alot of big players. Since Last year after getting the door slammed in their face on the NCAA tournament, the Bears proved that they were a force to recond with after making it to the semi-finals of the NAIA tournament. With Kickapoo native, Devon Mithel back things are going to be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Missouri State is still rolling along now 7-1 and ranked 24th in the national polls.

Kickapoo high here in Springfield is doing some damage as well beating the just nationally ranked Springdale, AR Har Ber High yesterday. Of course this is no shock to me seeing how Kickapoo has been in the top 5 high school basketball teams nationally a couple of times.

• 5 weeks later...

Missouri State Bears defeat Whichita State!

"As teammate Nathan Bilyeu lined up a free throw with 10 seconds remaining, Missouri State's Blake Ahearn walked toward mid-court and smiled.

"That's game, set and match right there," Ahearn said, to no one in particular before patting teammate Tyler Chaney on the head.

Four years of frustration had come to an end.

"Finally," Bears coach Barry Hinson said after his team beat Missouri Valley Conference nemesis Wichita State 95-87 Sunday before a standing-room-only crowd of 8,973 in Hammons Student Center........."

read more.........www.news-leader.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems to fit here...

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS01/705100389 says:

With the backing of outdoor retail giant Bass Pro Shops, Springfield hopes to host the country's largest fitness festival.

Sounds like they have some big big plans. I can hear it now... The Springfield Marathon. Maybe it will be along the lines of the Boston or New York in 5-10 years.

With the backing of outdoor retail giant Bass Pro Shops, Springfield hopes to host the country's largest fitness festival.

Sounds like they have some big big plans. I can hear it now... The Springfield Marathon. Maybe it will be along the lines of the Boston or New York in 5-10 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to surprise you something from Blondie International Comic Strip on newspapers came out today!

Comicstrip.jpg

Dagwood's Sandwich Shoppes will be soon open this year!

Gallery Eleven

1111 E. Republic Road, Suite 164

Springfield, MO 65807

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys knew but we are getting a minor league basketball team! I can't think of the name but its a fairly new league and there are teams in Little Rock, Whichita.... Its been cray how many new pro teams weve gotten in such a short amount of time. There's the Springfield Wolfpack (Arena Football), Springfield Demise (Soccer), Basketball team, Springfield Cardinals, Springfield Lasers (World Team Tennis!!!)

I don't know if you guys knew but we are getting a minor league basketball team! I can't think of the name but its a fairly new league and there are teams in Little Rock, Whichita.... Its been cray how many new pro teams weve gotten in such a short amount of time. There's the Springfield Wolfpack (Arena Football), Springfield Demise (Soccer), Basketball team, Springfield Cardinals, Springfield Lasers (World Team Tennis!!!)

Archived