Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Population Density of Arkansas

5 posts in this topic

I saw this recently while looking up info about the US hitting 300 Mil. Arkansas has a population density of 55.21 people/square mile. That places us the second lowest in the south behind Mississippi. In the eastern half of the US only Maine, Mississippi and Iowa have a lower density than Arkansas. Surprisingly (at least to me) even West Virginia has a higher density. Although looking at it from a standpoint of west of the Missisippi there are six states with a higher population density. California, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, Missouri and Louisiana. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I saw this recently while looking up info about the US hitting 300 Mil. Arkansas has a population density of 55.21 people/square mile.

I saw this recently while looking up info about the US hitting 300 Mil. Arkansas has a population density of 55.21 people/square mile. That places us the second lowest in the south behind Mississippi. In the eastern half of the US only Maine, Mississippi and Iowa have a lower density than Arkansas. Surprisingly (at least to me) even West Virginia has a higher density. Although looking at it from a standpoint of west of the Missisippi there are six states with a higher population density. California, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota, Missouri and Louisiana. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I thought Mississippi was a smaller state geographically, with a larger population... wouldnt it be MORE dense?

I thought Mississippi was a smaller state geographically, with a larger population... wouldnt it be MORE dense?