MidTowne Village Development Updates

GRDadof3

I'm not sure if this is news but when I drove past this development today at lunch I saw they had the new traffic lights in place at the intersection of Union and Michigan. They are still covered and I assume they will probably stay that way until the Woman's Health Center opens. Speaking of the Woman's Health Center, I can see this building from my parking lot and can report that they are nearly done with the brick work on the north side of the building. They just need to finish the top trim area (coronice?) and put some windows in and it'll look done on the outside.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Say should this be included in the Wiki article for the GR Medical Corridor. My gut feeling is that it should since the location is pretty close to the rest of the development and the fact that its on top of the hill should provide the last part of development or first depending on the direction you come from.

Say should this be included in the Wiki article for the GR Medical Corridor. My gut feeling is that it should since the location is pretty close to the rest of the development and the fact that its on top of the hill should provide the last part of development or first depending on the direction you come from.

I agree it should definitely be included.

Great job! You should definitely add more about the West Michigan Science & Technology Initiative, which has (and is) incubating some great up and coming companies.

Joe

Well I just put up the first few sections of the complex. If any kind soul like to comment on whats on there feel free to do so. Its on the Grand Rapids Medical Corridor page on wiki.

Hmm I was digging through some photos on here and comparing them to the complex. I then went and checked who owned what and what remaining buildings and the sort. To make a long story short I found 3 things. First the business that owns all of the land being redeveloped is called MID TOWNE VILLAGE LLC. Thats not surprising in any regard. The interesting thing is this. The Yellow building that caught on fire well its owned by COLLEGE HILL PROPERTIES and GINO LOMBARDO. Now those address that accesskent has for those properties and where they are located at on GR city mapping software I was able to find out that Gino has half of the building starting from Dudley. College Hill owns the other part. Now my question is who is College Hill. I am guessing Gino is just a restraunt or something.

Yeah speaking of the WMSTI I think it will be a sub section under GVSU or a paragraph on there. They are presently located in that building along with several other GR based medical helpers. Its kinda cool that they are able to do that. I do have to add in some info on the VAI in a little while about there grad school if I didnt already put some stuff in there.

Hmm I was digging through some photos on here and comparing them to the complex. I then went and checked who owned what and what remaining buildings and the sort. To make a long story short I found 3 things. First the business that owns all of the land being redeveloped is called MID TOWNE VILLAGE LLC. Thats not surprising in any regard. The interesting thing is this. The Yellow building that caught on fire well its owned by COLLEGE HILL PROPERTIES and GINO LOMBARDO. Now those address that accesskent has for those properties and where they are located at on GR city mapping software I was able to find out that Gino has half of the building starting from Dudley. College Hill owns the other part. Now my question is who is College Hill. I am guessing Gino is just a restraunt or something.

Yeah speaking of the WMSTI I think it will be a sub section under GVSU or a paragraph on there. They are presently located in that building along with several other GR based medical helpers. Its kinda cool that they are able to do that. I do have to add in some info on the VAI in a little while about there grad school if I didnt already put some stuff in there.

If you contact Third Coast Development, they can probably give you the skinny on that entire block.

http://www.thirdcoastdev.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. Its nice to see the condos having a roof. Should help out the contracters in getting those places occupied faster with less weather to deal with. In anycase thanks for the pic. My hope is do get a single picture of the entire development on wiki when it is done. Please do share more pictures of the other developments when you have time. I enjoy them immensely

Looking good. Its nice to see the condos having a roof. Should help out the contracters in getting those places occupied faster with less weather to deal with. In anycase thanks for the pic. My hope is do get a single picture of the entire development on wiki when it is done. Please do share more pictures of the other developments when you have time. I enjoy them immensely

You're very welcome, I'm glad my picture is appreciated. I received a new camera for Christmas so that should give me an excuse to take pictures more often.

I'm surprised how visable the Park Row Condos are. Not only can you see them going West on I-196, but you can even see them when going to the East near the College exit.

Very nice picture Eridony. Keep them coming. :) I agree, Park Row is much more visible than I would have imagined. That may change as more of Midtowne Village is developed, but they look great.

Does anyone know, is the whole Park Row development this one group of condos going up now, or is there a second phase planned (I don't know where they'd put them but they sure do look nice).

Joe

I'm surprised how visable the Park Row Condos are. Not only can you see them going West on I-196, but you can even see them when going to the East near the College exit.

Very nice picture Eridony. Keep them coming. :) I agree, Park Row is much more visible than I would have imagined. That may change as more of Midtowne Village is developed, but they look great.

Does anyone know, is the whole Park Row development this one group of condos going up now, or is there a second phase planned (I don't know where they'd put them but they sure do look nice).

Joe

I believe it's just this one building Joe (as of right now). As you guys mentioned, it's a lot more visible from I-196 than I thought it would be. Another building or two where the sales office is now would make it look even better. :thumbsup:

This project is starting to become my favorite of the year. Even better than RH. It's starting to look a lot more like the apartments across the street from GVSU's Pew Campus, but with even more depth and height:

2152154941_17ff0cdd28_b.jpg

2152156401_1fbacd0d90_b.jpg

2152949472_576e607466_b.jpg

And you can see it from everywhere around that neighborhood:

2152950728_aa34a7dee8_b.jpg

I didn't realize that the building had an elevator for the top floors. I thought it was more like a standard apartment building. Nice! Empty-nesters love elevators.

Go here and then click on floorplans, then on the red boxes showing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived