Louisiana's Next Govenor

eastover neworleans

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I met Bobby Jindal back around 1996-97 when receiving a teaching award. I said back then that he was on his way up and that I would vote him into any office. The man is intelligent and only interested in doing what is best for the people of our state. I was shocked when he was not elected the last time!

My husband has since met him on several flights to Houston. He says that he is so interested in what people have to say and is a great listener. He said that, during his first visit with him, he was not convinced that he would run again for governor and said that he would do whatever he felt the public wanted him to do regarding the office. My husband said on both occasions, he really talked to him about considering the run. The last time he talked to him about it, Bobby sent out an e-mail 2 days later announcing that he would run. (I think it was about a week and a half ago.) Of COURSE, my husband is convinced that he talked him into it!!! :rofl:

He has my vote!

^ Great story, cindy! I'd be saying the same thing I was your husband! :lol:

I've had the fortune of meeting and talking to Bobby Jindal one time, and that was last year. You listen to him talk about issues, plans, problems, and what we should do, and it's amazing how intelligent he really is with so much of it, and how much he wants to serve the people of the state. Then you listen to Katheen Blanco talk about the same subjects, and it makes you want to cry. Like I said earlier in the thread, I really want him as my governor, and he will certainly get my vote, but right now, I'm very happy to have him as my congressman. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately some will still be voting for Blanco; esp. State workers who fear Jindal might clean house. But, Blanco does not have the 9th Ward vote that put her over the top last time around. She will be searching feverishly for those votes who may have ended up in north La.

I hope and pray Jindal wins myself. This will be so good for Louisiana. It's really no comparison, he wins the Governors race easily in my book :thumbsup:

Some educators are under the notion; and are worried that Jindal will equate schools test scores only with teacher pay increase. They do not think that's fair, I understand their point. But the teachers could be wrong ?? Hopefully Jindal can clear the air and meet with the Teachers Federation to discuss the issues.

Blanco is knid of like Saints ex-QB Aaron Brooks..no leadership skills whatsoever.

I hope and pray Jindal wins myself. This will be so good for Louisiana. It's really no comparison, he wins the Governors race easily in my book :thumbsup:

Some educators are under the notion; and are worried that Jindal will equate schools test scores only with teacher pay increase. They do not think that's fair, I understand their point. But the teachers could be wrong ?? Hopefully Jindal can clear the air and meet with the Teachers Federation to discuss the issues.

Blanco is knid of like Saints ex-QB Aaron Brooks..no leadership skills whatsoever.

Archived