Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eastover neworleans

Louisiana's Next Govenor

108 posts in this topic

I just want everyone to write down who they think our next Govenor going to be ? will it be Mitch , Kathleen , or will mayor Ray Nagin step down from the mayors position and run for Govenor.

I just want everyone to write down who they think our next Govenor going to be ? will it be Mitch , Kathleen , or will mayor Ray Nagin step down from the mayors position and run for Govenor.

I don't know much about politics yet, but I don't think Kathleen will win again. I realize she is trying the best she can, but from what I've heard people aren't too pleased with her.

I've met Kathleen through work. Very nice lady...but not exactly the most inspiring leader. If Bobby Jindal or Walter Boasso runs they would have my vote.

I hope Bobby Jindal runs. He will get my vote again.

Jindal all the way for me. I hate the fact that he lost to Kathleen Blaco in '03, but I am very happy he to have him as my congressman. :thumbsup:

Jindal all the way for me. I hate the fact that he lost to Kathleen Blaco in '03, but I am very happy he to have him as my congressman. :thumbsup:

This will be my first time voting in a governors race because I wasn't old enough during the 2003 elections. If Jindal runs for Governor, I'll definitely vote for him. :thumbsup:

I met Bobby Jindal back around 1996-97 when receiving a teaching award. I said back then that he was on his way up and that I would vote him into any office. The man is intelligent and only interested in doing what is best for the people of our state. I was shocked when he was not elected the last time!

My husband has since met him on several flights to Houston. He says that he is so interested in what people have to say and is a great listener. He said that, during his first visit with him, he was not convinced that he would run again for governor and said that he would do whatever he felt the public wanted him to do regarding the office. My husband said on both occasions, he really talked to him about considering the run. The last time he talked to him about it, Bobby sent out an e-mail 2 days later announcing that he would run. (I think it was about a week and a half ago.) Of COURSE, my husband is convinced that he talked him into it!!! :rofl:

He has my vote!

^ Great story, cindy! I'd be saying the same thing I was your husband! :lol:

I've had the fortune of meeting and talking to Bobby Jindal one time, and that was last year. You listen to him talk about issues, plans, problems, and what we should do, and it's amazing how intelligent he really is with so much of it, and how much he wants to serve the people of the state. Then you listen to Katheen Blanco talk about the same subjects, and it makes you want to cry. Like I said earlier in the thread, I really want him as my governor, and he will certainly get my vote, but right now, I'm very happy to have him as my congressman. :thumbsup:

From all I have heard about him, Bobby Jindal is definitely the best of the lot. As you say, he seems honest. I would be shocked to see Nagin run, but then again, I never thought Hillary Clinton would win in New York.

I would be shocked to see Nagin run, but then again, I never thought Hillary Clinton would win in New York.

Unfortunately some will still be voting for Blanco; esp. State workers who fear Jindal might clean house. But, Blanco does not have the 9th Ward vote that put her over the top last time around. She will be searching feverishly for those votes who may have ended up in north La.

You mean she will have the audacity to run again?

Oh yeah...and she's busy trying to raise lots of campaign $money too.

The one thing she did right was give school Teachers a pay-raise; but other than that, not much more.

Her approval rating just keeps getting lower, and lower, and lower... It's now at the lowest point it has ever been, even lower than after Katrina.

Oh yeah...and she's busy trying to raise lots of campaign $money too.

The one thing she did right was give school Teachers a pay-raise; but other than that, not much more.

I think she means well. Of course that doesn't mean very much in the world of politics. Bobby Jindal presents a much more competent air about him. With any luck, Mr. Jindal will be the next Governor of Louisiana.

I hope and pray Jindal wins myself. This will be so good for Louisiana. It's really no comparison, he wins the Governors race easily in my book :thumbsup:

Some educators are under the notion; and are worried that Jindal will equate schools test scores only with teacher pay increase. They do not think that's fair, I understand their point. But the teachers could be wrong ?? Hopefully Jindal can clear the air and meet with the Teachers Federation to discuss the issues.

Blanco is knid of like Saints ex-QB Aaron Brooks..no leadership skills whatsoever.

I hope and pray Jindal wins myself. This will be so good for Louisiana. It's really no comparison, he wins the Governors race easily in my book :thumbsup:

Some educators are under the notion; and are worried that Jindal will equate schools test scores only with teacher pay increase. They do not think that's fair, I understand their point. But the teachers could be wrong ?? Hopefully Jindal can clear the air and meet with the Teachers Federation to discuss the issues.

Blanco is knid of like Saints ex-QB Aaron Brooks..no leadership skills whatsoever.