Louisiana's Next Govenor

eastover neworleans

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blanco is trying to pull every vote she can. My sister works for the state and she said that they get off early the day before a holiday, if, the governor approves it. Needless to say, she approved it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's this year. I cannot stand Blanco. I don't think that I have ever seen someone do so many things to get votes. She has offered everyone raises, given state workers extra time off and tried to act like she was going to draw major companies here, though there never was a chance. She went on a trip to Japan saying she wanted a Toyota plant for Monroe. Why? Look how Monroe feels about her.

Dinner with Blanco at Governor's Mansion sold for $1

I also voted for Bobby Jindal last time and I will do it again! :yahoo:

jcasey,

I don't know who remarked about the candidate with the better education making the better leader but SBC and i can attest to the fact that Shreveport just elected a non college graduate as our mayor.

Not me, personally.

I voted for Jerry Jones.

A well respected attorney and former city attorney under the Beard and Williams administrations.

Never mind the Mayor Glover has no formal education and is a career politician who has never held a real job in the private sector.

I bring this up because the people of this state won't and can't elect a person with a good education because they aren't interested in a smart leader. The lazabout majority in this state that lives off the dole only want one thing... keep things the way they are so they don't have to work.

Rise up Louisiana and elect competent leaders, like Bobby Jindal and maybe we can grow out of our long-standing infancy.

Maybe by getting rid of incompetents like Landrieu and Blanco can we finally pull ourselves up out of the bottom of every standard of living list in the US.

That is all for now,

Mudbugger

jcasey,

In regards to Blano's trip to Japan.

She spent all of that time trying to locate a plant in the Monroe area when Shreveport already has a community of car assembly workers here and with many of the subcontracting companies as well.

Did she even make mention of Shreveport? No. Because she is like the majority of the legislature.

Shreveport might as well be in Texas because the state is so hell bent on spending it's money on poor Katrina damaged New Orleans.

To hell with them!

Shreveport's riverboat market brings more tax dollars than any other region is La.

It is also becoming a tourist destination for it's festivals, concerts at CTC (as well as hockey), improved shopping opportunities and finally it is surpassing NO for film development.

The leeches on the system in NO are mostly gone to either BR or Houston.

Let the leeches leave and never come back because they did nothing to help this state, on the contrary they did more to keep this state in the dark ages.

That is more the fault of crooked legislators from southern La.

I hate to rant like this but i have to go for the night and get some sleep.

Maybe i will be more coherent, cojent and civil in the morning.

Mudbugger

You know Mudbugger, you have seemed to be an excellent poster and contributor since you joined UrbanPlanet, but what is it with this anti-New Orleans, anti-south Louisiana agenda that seems to pop up from you every so often? We've been having a nice discussion in this thread about Blanco and Jindal, and suddenly you go off on some long rant about what seems like you feeling Shreveport not getting enough respect or recogition when compared to New Orleans and south Louisiana. This is very similar to what happened a few months ago in a thread about the Saints playing a preseason game in Shreveport. I recall you going off on some long rant about the New Orleans Saints not doing enough work to include Shreveport in their fanbase, and that you hoped they would leave New Orleans. Seriously, what's the deal?

I'm not going to keep this going by responding to comments like "poor Katrina damaged New Orleans," "to hell with them," (in reference to New Orleans and south Louisiana, I suppose) or "crooked legislators from southern La." But I will say this, you know as well as I do that the largest majority of this states' GSP comes from New Orleans and south Louisiana. New Orleans is the most populated and most important city in the state, and south Louisiana is the most populated and most important region in the state, and I can't see how it would be suprising that both areas recieve more money or attention than Shreveport and NW Louisiana, especially after disasters like Katrina and Rita. I'm a huge fan of Shreveport, and I've said it many times on this forum, and Shreveport is extremely important to this state, there is certainly no doubt about that. A booming metro of 450,000, and the center of the Ark-La-Tex. And I certainly won't disagree with the fact that Shreveport just about never gets mentioned in south Louisiana, and probably doesn't get nearly as much credit as it deserves. But I still find it silly to compare Shreveport, and what it produces, to New Orleans. I know that many people in north Louisiana probably get tired of seeing so much of their tax money go to a completeley different region of the state, and most of that going to New Orleans. But you know what, I also wonder how many of those same people really understand how important NOLA is to this state, and the same can be said about the rest of south Louisiana. And of course I also realize that north and south Louisiana are like two different countries; different people, history, culture, everything. But I think that in a state that has so many problems, the last thing we need to do is start pointing fingers at "the people down there" or "those people up there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I hope this all ends here. As I said at the beginning of this post, you seem to be a nice guy and a great contributor, but if posts like your last continue to show up, I will take some form of action. It is basically guaranteed that you can only go so long before someone comes in and starts some huge New Orleans vs Shreveport war after seeing posts like this, and that is something that I will simply not have. I am proud of the fact that the Louisiana forum is one of the few forums on this website in which all of the members seem to get along well, and I want to see that continue.

NCB,

I humbly apologize for my earlier comments that may have offended the fine residents of southern La.

It was never my intent to claim all people down there were in the same group.

You made my point for me by noting that Shreveport and the rest of north La. hardly ever gets attention by the press and that we feel overlooked and underappreciated.

I will work with due diligence to make sure that remarks that fly off the handle like that never come from me again.

Sorry about my rant last night, I have been under a lot of new stress lately with the purchase of my first home, getting it orgainized and getting a bit part in the new Harold and Kumar movie here in Shreveport.

You won't have to take me to the woodshed again.

Mudbugger

No problem at all Mudbugger. I think we've all been in that stress situation, and I completely understand where you're coming from with your opinions. My main goal is to keep this forum running smoothly and comfortably, and that entails me getting involved, and stopping, anything that I think could stir up some sort of conflict.

Also, thanks for coming back with an apology and a very respectful post. That seems to be something that is very rare on most message boards. :thumbsup:

NCB,

I hope that my apology will smooth over any problems you may have had with other posters taking offense at what i said.

Like you said, it is hard to keep a forum clean and civil and i will do my part to keep it that way.

Thanks again for pointing out that my rant was uncalled for and could be construed as a catalyst for a flame-war.

Hope you have a good evening,

Mudbugger

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for the state of Louisiana! I hope Jindal wins the election. I'd almost say that this would be foreordained, but I'd have to agree that lots of uneducated people will still vote the party line- in spite of the glaring errors of Governor Blanco.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I would never vote for Bobby. He is against domestic partner benefits, anti-domestic unions, and has stated last election he wants to ban gay couples from adoption. He also voted for House Resolution 861 that declared Iraq to be part of the War on Terror, with no EXIT DATE! He is also calling for the courts to overturn Roe v. Wade. Sorry he would NEVER get my vote! He is too way conservative for this progressive. Obviously one does not have to be "uneducated" for not supporting him. Most progressives will not support him.

Archived