Favourite Sci-Fi Series?

Cotuit

What is your favourite Sci-Fi TV series?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Sci-Fi TV series?

• Star Trek
    • Farscape
    • Babylon 5
    • Star Trek TNG
    • Star Trek DS9
    • Star Trek Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Space 1999
    • Other

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Star Trek front, I really liked Voyager, and I hope that cast gets a motion picture eventually. I really really really want to like Enterprise. It is such a great concept, but it's just not working. There's some dead weight on the production side of Star Trek that needs to get trimmed to breathe new life into the franchise.

I wanted to put Red Dwarf into the poll, but you only get 10 slots so I dropped it. I loved that show, it's out on DVD now (at quite a steep price), I may have to break down and buy it.

Babylon 5 is great, but I didn't have cable when it went over to TBN, so I missed a few seasons, and was completely lost when I caught back up. :(

I had that no cable problem with Farscape too. I watched the first two seasons, then I had no cable for a year and was completely lost. :(

I did watch a 10 hour marathon on SciFi one day that kinda caught me up. I've watched Farscape marathons on two seperate occassions, only leaving the couch for the bathroom and Diet Cokes, it sucks you in!

My favorite Sci-fi film of all times is the original Planet of the Apes. I was sucked in by all the hoopla in the 1970's with the films, the TV series, cartoons...the whole thing. That and "A Boy and His Dog" with a young Don Johnson are the only sci-fi films I own.

I love Red Dwarf, Dr. Who and the old British sci-fi where they would dig up space creatures that looked like grasshoppers under London and stuff, Star Wars, Close Encounters, original Star Trek, Space 1999, both Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I've always been fasinated by paraniod post- nuclear war films or some of the creature films like the Japanese made in the 50's and 60's.

The last sci-fi I watched regularly was Lexx. Made in Canadian Martimes with a half german/ Canadian cast, it was a TV series on the Sci-fi Channel based on 3 movies.It's hard to explain so I'll dig up some info on it and post.

I was gonna start a new thread but this is the scifi thread so here goes.

Farscape RETURNS! Scifi Channel picks up miniseries!

TVGuide.com Reports

FAR OUT!: Farscape is returning home to the Sci Fi Channel. The cabler has finalized a deal to air Farscape: Peacekeeper War, the highly anticipated four-hour miniseries that will tie up all the loose ends left dangling when the network axed the acclaimed drama last year. The project has already wrapped production and is slated to air at the end of the year.

Scifi-wire Reports

SCI FI Brings Back Farscape

SCI FI announced it will be bringing back Farscape with an all-new miniseries

Babylon 5 is the greatest sci-fi series ever. The show was all planned out before the first episode was shot, so everything unfolds beautifully.

Interesting that a lot of the things the Earth government does later in the series parallels current US policy. If we had only listened...

I guess it's not a sci-fi as much as Star Trek, but I'd like to see Special Agent 2 come back. Anyone else remember this? It was about special forces of the Chicago Police Department that delt with monsters and whatnot from children's nightmares. Sounds kinda childish, but was actually very good!

Trippin the rift if really funny! You wouldn't want your children seeing it though. But my favorite SciFi Show is that hidden camera show called "Scare Tatics". pranks are played on people and they are scared out of their wits! I remember they did a skit on a UFO attack. Its amazing with the kind of technology they use to pull these pranks off and to make them believable. someone set a friend up and they were driving down a dirt road somewhere in Nevada. All of a sudden the car dies and the radio is changing stations by itself. Then all of a sudden there is a very very bright flash in the horizon. (I dont know what they used to make a flash in the sky like that but it brighter than the sun. Then this guy in an alien suit come running to the car and girl that was being trick was screaming her head off. She said "I knew it!!!". The alien beats on the car and ultimately rips the driver side door off. The girls boyfriend was in the car and he didn't know it was a trick either. The funny thing is, he ran off and left his girlfriend in the car. The girl was screaming with horror so you know she believed they were being attack by an alien. Then they finally told here she was on scare tatics. She still was not calmed down even after they told her. Eventually she calmed down and laughed it off. But she's not seeing her boyfriend any more being that he left her for alien to get her.

Scare tatics is funny though.:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived