Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colin

scottsdale freeway cameras: people actually slowed down

5 posts in this topic

I think it's a "No duh" sort of scenario. I mean, people will obviously slow down when you start sending them speeding tickets. But now Scottsdale can actually turn off the cameras at any point and still feel secure in knowing that people will drive the limit.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/152418.php

I'm positive that those of us educated enough to know that there will be no penalty, will go back to speeding. It actually never stopped me from driving to fast on the 101 and I ended up never getting a ticket.

I'm positive that those of us educated enough to know that there will be no penalty, will go back to speeding. It actually never stopped me from driving to fast on the 101 and I ended up never getting a ticket.

Cameras may be coming back this time with style. The governor is so happy with the success of the Scottsdale cameras, she wants to see them on freeways all over.

Dammit!!!!!! I hate going the speed limit.

They are back and busy as ever

547 speeders snapped on the 101 during the 12t 24 hours of them being back up. Yesterday I took the 51 to the 202 to avoid scottsdale all together. It felt good staying at 80 on the freeway. :)

I hate admiting this, but I, MJLO, am a proud owner of a GD scottsdale camera ticket. The funny thing is, they show the pics they take of you, and there's me plain as day knowing my fate, and what's happening to me, as in the picture, my mouth is permanantly frozen saying the words "OH SH**"