Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

Firefox 2.0 Final.

16 posts in this topic

Click Me! Pretty sweet so far.

Mozilla will not be officially releasing Firefox 2.0 until Tuesday, October 23rd. Downloading any pre-release is at your own risk. The official site GetFirefox.com will be offering the new release tomorrow.

-Cotuit

I like it. It is, however, just as inefficient in its memory management as the previous version. It's currently using 100 MB of RAM with only 1 window and 4 tabs open.

The official release is not until tomorrow. I edited M.Brown's link to point to the ftp mirror site rather than the auto download it was linking to.

Mozilla's servers apparently have crashed under the load of the sneak pre-release and the program is being served by mirrors right now.

Mozilla will not vouch for any site that is currently hosting version of 2.0. Downloading any version of Firefox 2.0 is currently at your own risk.

The official release will be available tomorrow at getfirefox.com. The servers at that location have been optimized for the anticipated demand.

Thanks for that information, as this Firefox i've DL'ed is giving me numerous problems!! aah...

I downloaded it as well, and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. Plenty of new visual and hardware features, and no problems or glitches to speak of. :thumbsup:

2 seems to work well. It's a bit more customizable, and I like that. It still uses gratuitous amounts of memory, but there's no leaking. I turn it off and all the cache goes away. And I can set the amount of RAM it's allowed to use.

I'm loving the spell-check, people are gonna think I'm so smaht!

I still need to download this. I'll try and get that done this evening.