SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

The police will only have about 2.2 million suspects to interview.  Well OK, maybe one million after subtracting out the young, elderly, uninformed and those who want the hotel to stay.*

* For our NSA handlers: Greensboro just had such an "accident", my post was made with that in mind, I did not mean to imply I would be burning anything down.  Excessively strong desire is still not a crime.  Carrie is only a fictional story.

• Like 4

First thing u need to understand is that the north Tryon side of the block will remain empty, for a future office tower. That's why there is no retail on the Tryon side, because there is no Tryon side.

Let me download and post the site plan for you.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-06 at 10.27.56 AM.png

Please note in the bottom right corner, that they have gone ahead and added a "stub road" for future development. Since Charlotte is not one for planning for the future, I would expect that there is definitely something in the works for the days inn site.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess the lack of anything on the N. Tryon St. side made it confusing.

Interestingly the majority of retail is on 10th, doomed to stay empty.

url]

The rent should be quite cheap for retailers though, right?! No major renovations since it was built for retail and SkyHouse is a lowercost project, I thought.

Hopefully a major chain goes there to at least put it in people's mind to go over there?

Either way, Skyhouse will be an excellent building block for the.... Civic district.

Were they really that attractive?  I I just remember the ugly part facing Tryon, but maybe back behind was something relatively nice. 

When I first moved to Charlotte, I had my first 'soul food' experience at a buffet served in the Renaissance Place lobby.  For me, it was like when you visit a nice family, and they are proud to show off their favorite family dish, and you try to swallow it like Montgomery Burns swallowing the flesh of the 3-eyed fish.   From that point on, I knew that Soul Food was named for all the praying people do to cure their diabeetus.

Skyhouse is a far better use of that land.

Were they really that attractive?  I I just remember the ugly part facing Tryon, but maybe back behind was something relatively nice. 

When I first moved to Charlotte, I had my first 'soul food' experience at a buffet served in the Renaissance Place lobby.  For me, it was like when you visit a nice family, and they are proud to show off their favorite family dish, and you try to swallow it like Montgomery Burns swallowing the flesh of the 3-eyed fish.   From that point on, I knew that Soul Food was named for all the praying people do to cure their diabeetus.

Skyhouse is a far better use of that land.

I recall that that little soul food place was by the same people who then did Mets's Heart and Soul. Am I right?

• Like 1