SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

As phase two, will it be identical in height to phase one? I know that the Skyhouse brand has towers from 23 to 26 floors in height (I believe phase one here is 24). Is it possible that the second tower is shorter in height at something like 16 to 20 stories in height?

It's possible I suppose, but I suspect they will be identical in height. Somewhere on this thread, someone stated it would be ~672 units total for both phases, which would divide it in half at 336 per tower. 

^ I don't know of any but it should be similar in height to 525 N Tryon just across 9th St from the construction site.  Probably wont dent the skyline but will stretch it.  (Wouldn't mind seeing a rendering either  :shades: )

I've seen one on the board before. I think it was somewhere in this thread. It definitely made an impact on the skyline looking at the city from the east side.

I Created one for the board forever ago... can't find it...

^ I don't know of any but it should be similar in height to 525 N Tryon just across 9th St from the construction site.  Probably wont dent the skyline but will stretch it.  (Wouldn't mind seeing a rendering either  :shades: )

When it first came up we got the height from the blueprints and it turned out to be around the halfway point in height between Edwin Towers and 525 Tryon.  It is not the same height.  

• Like 1

When it first came up we got the height from the blueprints and it turned out to be around the halfway point in height between Edwin Towers and 525 Tryon.  It is not the same height.  

About 273' to the tippity-top. Which puts it 9 feet taller than Element Uptown, 7 feet shorter than 112 N. Tryon and 17 feet shorter than the westin.

^^Glad to be wrong about that one!

no you are still right. It'll be considerably shorter than 525 N. Tryon 525 N. Tryon is actually very tall considering its floor count. Thanks to the giant pyramid on top it stands at 330' and would be the tallest building in a number of large cities in the Carolinas (and georgia), Wilmington, Asheville, Durham, Savannah, Charleston, 2nd tallest in greensboro, etc.

Edited by Guest

And BOOM Goes the dynamite. Its no longer just hearsay. They have scheduled a presubmittal meeting. Expanding the parking deck across the blocks and building a second sky house fronting 9th and church. BOOM.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=8133

SkyHouse Charlotte II
• Detailed Scope of Work: This project with be a second phase apartment tower on the same block as the initial SkyHouse Charlotte project. The tower will be positioned at the corner of Church and 9th and will include an expansion of the parking structure that will serve the initial phase.
Edited by Guest

And BOOM Goes the dynamite. Its no longer just hearsay. They have scheduled a presubmittal meeting. Expanding the parking deck across the blocks and building a second sky house fronting 9th and church. BOOM.

:0 fingers crossed Skyhouse II starts sooner than later

:0 fingers crossed Skyhouse II starts sooner than later

Sounds like they will be going ahead and building a double wide parking deck like I posted in the above site plan from months back that i speculated. 

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=8133

Wow. Things with Skyhouse II escalated quite quickly. Now, if only the rest of your site plan can come to fruition this fast :)

• Like 1

Just thought of something... There is going to be a heck of a lot of retail spots now with two skyhouses and I'm assuming the parking deck will get more retail also if it gets stretched width wise.

I hope the retail does well on Church.

I'm going to try and search the retailers in the current skyhouses. See if they have anything cool

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

is the rendering true to fact?  Is the Publix real?

Its based on a tip from a friend who said Publix was looking at putting a "crown jewel/flagship" in the center city area.

Its based on a tip from a friend who said Publix was looking at putting a "crown jewel/flagship" in the center city area.

Given that the 'rumored' grocer near RBP didn't pan out, this site would make some sense. There aren't many other opportunities in uptown to build a grocery store these days...