SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

I just hope they do something architecturally to make these stand apart since they will be right next to each other.

I don't mind.

Couple things I hope; Skyhouse II starts construction before Skyhouse I is finished or directly after its finished.

I hope that only one skyhouse has a model room.

I think it is perfectly fine to have them be the same architecturally, maybe mirrors of each other.  Obviously the whole schtick for Sky Houses is that they don't change much in them so they can be as cookie cutter as possible.  

But the look of twin apartment towers is not bad really since it unifies them as a pair.   I'm sure they will be leasing them collectively.

In national business news today talks about how apartments keep filling without signs of oversupply.  It does seem to be a function of demographics (millennials still wanting urban rentals, and people in general still choosing to rent versus buying SFHs, plus the virtual non-existence of condominium building).  

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101773495

Charlotte Business Journals has picked up on the potential 2nd Charlotte SkyHouse Tower. No real new info other than the fact that the property lease for the Days Inn expires at year end...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/06/skyhouse-developers-considering-second-uptown.html

Just so everyone knows, logistically speaking, this would probably have to be a 100% yes before they can even start on the parking deck for Skyhouse 1. I don't think you can just "expand" a parking deck. like that. Although I could be wrong.

Edited by Guest

So, If both skyhouses are built... Will this block have the longest amount of street facing retail. It seems like the entire stretch of the Church st. Would be lined with retail. That will be great for the planning of the North Tryon plans.

• Like 2

Just so everyone knows, logistically speaking, this would probably have to be a 100% yes before they can even start on the parking deck for Skyhouse 1. I don't think you can just "expand" a parking deck. like that. Although I could be wrong.

It depends on the parking deck design, but most can be expanded easily within some limits. For example CMC just got done (within the past yearish or so) adding 3 floors to one of it's decks. CMC's Scott deck has been expanded horizontally twice (I think). Parking decks tend to be rather modular in their construction so it can be relatively easy to expand them.

Part of me wants to say pretty reliable (these guys probably have seen the overall plans of what theyre building no?) but on the other side of that, it could just be rumors he has heard.

I mean eventual build out would be 3-4 towers, so he's not wrong.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

How nice would this be...

post-17104-0-52310400-1405280256_thumb.j

I really wish they would have built the tower over the parking deck. SO MUCH more could be done with this land. 

Edited by Guest