SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

Well hello beautiful....

SkyHouse1.JPG

Also of note....LOOK AT ALL THAT RETAIL ALONG CHURCH

I wonder how well retail will work there.Publix will help. And CCP's goal of increased signage. I'll guess Amelies as a possible candidate

I wouldn't mind a garage view if it meant cheaper prices.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

^^^^ Looks like a large office tower on the site is dead.  There seems to be a small building at Tryon and 10th, though I suspect that's the parking deck for Publix.  As long as it has retail on both sides (Tryon and 10th) I guess that's ok.

I wonder how well retail will work there.Publix will help. And CCP's goal of increased signage. I'll guess Amelies as a possible candidate

Is this sarcasm or is this an actual stated goal somewhere?

I took it as that you wouldn't mind living in a unit that looked straight on to the parking garage if you could get the apartment for cheap. No?

Ok, that I wouldnt mind. I'd easily pay 850$ for a 1 bedroom looking at a garage for a basic unit with no upgrades. Anything above that even for a nicer view... I'd have to pass (unfortunately haha)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I wish the parking garage's footprint was smaller and wrapped with apartments. I would be fine with a slightly taller parking garage as long as it was not fronting the main streets.

If it's got retail, I feel like it'll be barely noticeable as a deck though.

Disagree - they are also doing very little to try and hide the parking deck from the street. Small design features can go a long way for walkability. 

I used to live in Silver Spring, MD. They had parking garages in downtown with retail in the base of them. If you look at them from the air like you see in these renderings, they look very much like parking decks. From street level though, you didn't notice.

Retail will be supported primarily by the residents of the towers themselves, but the fact that it also benefits from the existing residential neighborhood and offices nearby will be benefit.  

Restaurants and bars will finally do well with the baseline support from 1000+ potential residents of the Skyhouses.

• 2 weeks later...

If you zoom all the way in to the lower right-hand corner of the webcam, you'll notice the temporary trailers have been moved, and there has been some core drilling.  To me, this is a good sign (for Publix)!  Im ready for this superblock to be fully developed!

http://oxblue.com/open/SkyHouseApartments

Here is that link for those who don't wanna go looking :)

• Like 1

I have to wonder why Novare doesn't build one large pool on the top of the parking garage, rather than two tiny pools on the roofs of two towers? Tennis courts at apartment complexes almost never get used.  

They probably want the highest pools in the city.

Edit: Although I just realized that title will still go to the Arlington.

Edited by Guest