SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

13 minutes ago, ertley said:

My contention is that when they re-connect 10th and extend it across the Blue Line and College and reconnect it at Tryon, that they keep Pfifer Avenue as it is, and make the resulting mini-block between Phifer, Tryon, 10th and College a park. I think it would be nice sized, self contained park for upper Tryon.

Is there a plan to do that connection and redevelop the government land?

First this is great news.  2nd it proves what I have been saying when I am out of town something big is announced like when the Duke Metro tower was announced when I was up in Raleigh.

This project is vitally important to the N Tryon corridor and having Bank of America signed on for the 55,000 sq ft of the 175,000 sq ft is huge and will allow the developer Armada Hoffler from VA Beach to get financing.   They developed all the VA Beach Town Center that suburban city's downtown including the tallest building currently in VA and this gem up in Durham the tallest high rise in downtown Durham https://www.onecitycenter.com/

Honestly I think Publix was really slow to sign on the dotted line and the project kept changing one point with hotel and condos and now all office and retail.  Great news for N Tryon corridor.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Here is another story I just saw on the new 10 Tryon and I think the height is great for that area.  

https://rebusinessonline.com/joint-venture-to-develop-95m-mixed-use-tower-in-charlotte/

Fortune 100 company is a certain Bank in America.  

As soon as I heard Fortune 100, I knew it was BofA. They are needing space badly. They are the big anchor for Odell/525 too. And the TransAmerica building. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheOneRJ said:

If BOA needs more space why don’t they take more space in their already established towers? 

no room at BofA Corp Center or 1 BAC or most anywhere they are leasing plus they are already leaving BofA Plaza and took down more space in the new BOAT.  It might be an overflow from their operations next door in 525 N Tryon too. 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 3:11 PM, KJHburg said:

Here is another story I just saw on the new 10 Tryon and I think the height is great for that area.  

https://rebusinessonline.com/joint-venture-to-develop-95m-mixed-use-tower-in-charlotte/

Fortune 100 company is a certain Bank in America.  

I’m guessing the total Building Height would be somewhere in the 250’ to 285’ range.

Yeah - I used average floor heights of 17 to 18’ roughly.  Either way anything over 200’ is really going to stick out in that area.

Publix probably 20
4 floors parking at 12 per floor
10 at 17 per
20+48+170=238+box so I revise to 250.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Rufus said:

I find this particularly interesting. Especially given the parking deck conversations on other threads. 

Yep. When its fairly well screened, theres way less to beotch about LOL.

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

I find this particularly interesting. Especially given the parking deck conversations on other threads. 

Lol yes I was apart of that conversation. But I honesty thought that it was office space there. But hey it looks good to be the parking deck.

I am honestly the most hyped about this versus any other project in uptown, excepting maybe the FNB tower. 

Adding an amenity like Publix to a very sparse area of Uptown is gonna be transformative. Utterly. And I can only imagine how this accentuates the foot traffic to First Ward Park, even from a slight distance.

I only wonder how the tiny Teeter down the road will be affected, businesswise. Lol.

• Like 2

I am honestly the most hyped about this versus any other project in uptown, excepting maybe the FNB tower. 
Adding an amenity like Publix to a very sparse area of Uptown is gonna be transformative. Utterly. And I can only imagine how this accentuates the foot traffic to First Ward Park, even from a slight distance.
I only wonder how the tiny Teeter down the road will be affected, businesswise. Lol.

They’ve been looking for options to replace that store for a while. Eventually they will find a new location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even if they do elsewhere in uptown they might keep that store.   

Nah they wanted consolidate to one big store in the past wanted 45k at Original Gateway Station proposal, 50k at Brooklyn Village and 60k at the original Pappas development across from pearl park.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nah they wanted consolidate to one big store in the past wanted 45k at Original Gateway Station proposal, 50k at Brooklyn Village and 60k at the original Pappas development across from pearl park.

they need a new developer if they struck out on all those locations.  Maybe someone will propose an apartment tower with ground level larger store.   If a certain somebody will sell some land in First Ward that would be a great location and maybe Levine with partner with Akridge out of DC and finally get something done on their fields of dreams. 

• Thanks 1