SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

3 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Go look at the existing tower that's already built. They're identical. 

Cool.  From the unfinished product I couldn't really picture how it would look.  Looks like some funky stuff [CM theme????] is going on down at the base there, but I see that it's all unfinished metal work that will eventually be covered up.

Edited by alb1no panther

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On March 17, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Jayvee said:

Publix would be on Tryon and the status is very positive and we should hear much more very soon. It's a fantastic project

Publix too is gaining momentum in "downtown" Raleigh at a mixed use project and seems to be a go. I hope behind the scenes, the same could be said for ours.

http://abc11.com/business/raleigh-could-get-its-first-downtown-supermarket/1348699/

In the article, a Publix official says they do not comment on new store sites until a lease has been executed.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

• 3 weeks later...

The 2nd tower will be 24 floors, the same as the 1st one...

12 minutes ago, Midwoodian said:

Will the second tower be shorter than the first tower? Topping out is today however there is a couple floor difference in height currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2016 at 9:05 PM, Midwoodian said:

They must be doing an early topping out like the Museum Apartments did.  The second tower is currently 3-4 floors shorter than the first tower.

It still looks like its shorter. The elevator core doesn't look like its going any higher either, but maybe it's just the angle I was seeing it.

44 minutes ago, Spartan said:

It still looks like its shorter. The elevator core doesn't look like its going any higher either, but maybe it's just the angle I was seeing it.

It's definitely shorter.  If it has topped out like they said, it's a shorter building.

On June 8, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Midwoodian said:

Will the second tower be shorter than the first tower? Topping out is today however there is a couple floor difference in height currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hightest occupyable floor is topped out, still have the roof deck and the decoration at the top. 

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The hightest occupyable floor is topped out, still have the roof deck and the decoration at the top. 

Then this is just a substantially shorter building. It will take some seriously elaborate roof decor to get it to the level of Skyhouse I.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Then this is just a substantially shorter building. It will take some seriously elaborate roof decor to get it to the level of Skyhouse I.

Its supposed to be the exact same height. 

Its supposed to be the exact same height. 

This is correct. It will be the same height. Construction has slowed as the floors are no longer typical.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I like this "little" section of the skyline.  It's forming a nice cluster that isn't super tall, but will have great density.  I hope Furman's project is still on, even if it means waiting for the next cycle. It will be a great asset. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...