SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

What is the update on this office building and Publix at the Skyhouses.  Driving by today made me think of what is going on or not going on here. 

IMG_3454.JPG

From what I gather 10 Tryon isn't having as much interest as the South Tryon properties. I feel like once Publix finally signs, that should change. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

From what I gather 10 Tryon isn't having as much interest as the South Tryon properties. I feel like once Publix finally signs, that should change. 

Any news on this project? I will ask around this week and see what I can find out but I did not want to waste my time if you had the info already. 

57 minutes ago, JSquare said:

Any news on this project? I will ask around this week and see what I can find out but I did not want to waste my time if you had the info already. 

Haven't received a call back from my contact. :-(. I think they are just waiting for the right tenant, and i think there is numerous tenants floating around, just not sure who wants to be a pioneer. 

8 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Publix takes a very long time to plan and then once planned they can get it done in around 10 months.

Publix represents only 35,000 sq feet of a two building complex. 10 floors at 16 floors. 

Just now, Cadi40 said:

I know. They still take a very long time period to plan. Trust me, I work there. 

they will be handed a shell space to build out. they are very much a small part of something way bigger than them. I know they take their sweet ass time, but they have very little to do with the timeline.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

they will be handed a shell space to build out. they are very much a small part of something way bigger than them. I know they take their sweet ass time, but they have very little to do with the timeline.

I see what you are saying now, I apologize, They will still continue to take a slow time though yes.

actually it is okay for this to be delayed some because once the Lennar tower with all its apartments starts construction and then is completed, the neighborhood is just getting better so for Publix they are happy either way I am sure.   It is just important for grocers to nail down sites for even Harris Teeter has landbanked suburban sites before they developed them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Skyhouse 2 has a building permit for new retail tenant sounds like a restaurant anyone know anything about it.  Called Sapienza at 620 N Church. 

Sounds like a pizza place...

1ptrans.gif
Pizzeria Sapienza Clt, LLC is a North Carolina Limited-Liability Company filed on August 22, 2017 . The company's filing status is listed as Current-Active and its File Number is 1618947. 

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Sapienza, Salvatore and is located at 620 N Church St, Charlotte, NC 28202. The company's principal address is 620 N Church St, Charlotte, NC 28202 and its mailing address is 620 N Church St, Charlotte, NC 28202.
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, stiluvclt said:

Any activity on Ten Tryon soon? It was mentioned in June that is was going out for bids...

I think they recently brought in some hired guns (equity partners) to help this thing move forward.

If the holdup has anything to do with Publix, as a Floridian, I can attest that Publix moves at tectonic pace. I've spent a lot of time in Cocoa Beach. Publix bought out the most prominent shopping center there in 2013. Shortly thereafter, they announced a newer and larger Publix on the site. It finally got underway a few months ago.

7 minutes ago, Dale said:

If the holdup has anything to do with Publix, as a Floridian, I can attest that Publix moves at tectonic pace. I've spent a lot of time in Cocoa Beach. Publix bought out the most prominent shopping center there in 2013. Shortly thereafter, they announced a newer and larger Publix on the site. It finally got underway a few months ago.

I think Publix hasn't helped the situation, but I think South Tryon, Stonewall, Tompkins Mill and South End has done far more damage to the viability of this project. 

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think Publix hasn't helped the situation, but I think South Tryon, Stonewall, Tompkins Mill and South End has done far more damage to the viability of this project. 

Relative to everything south of it, N Tryon does have an end-of-the-earth feel to it. Maybe Lennar and the library development will afford the critical momentum.

• Like 1