SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

4 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

^That's the building the window fell out of and still hasn't been replaced right? Most units are small too. What would you expect them to sell for?

Did not know about the window.   Probably in line with the Avenue resales as they were built by the same developer Novare at the time.  But if they are making returns they will keep it rentals but what I am saying is some building uptown will convert to condos way before a new building is built. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Someone institutional with their own crew could get a large scale upfit done for a low price. That said, I think maybe 3 rental buildings in all of Charlotte would qualify for this kind of upgrade. Vue, Ashton and maybe Museum Tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the Vue and Ashton were originally condo buildings that were converted to apts, so going back to condos would likely be a breeze. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, jordan704 said:

Publix has upped their $ commitment to get things going. Also hotel for one tower and they have several leases in the works for the office tower. So we could see some movement sooner than later. 

Any more info on this? I was looking to put an offer in on a place in the area. Just wondering how likely the Publix is?

Any more info on this? I was looking to put an offer in on a place in the area. Just wondering how likely the Publix is?

Very likely, there’s been a little bit of a use shuffle overall, but Publix is very committed, and I think there’s some office tenants signed on.

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Publix’s stores are infamous for a very slow and lengthy process of opening and constructing stores so I’m not surprised that they’re reassuring the public that it’s still opening.

Lived in Cocoa Beach for awhile, and it was years before Publix began its long anticipated expansion there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Very likely, there’s been a little bit of a use shuffle overall, but Publix is very committed, and I think there’s some office tenants signed on.

5 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Publix’s stores are infamous for a very slow and lengthy process of opening and constructing stores so I’m not surprised that they’re reassuring the public that it’s still opening.

Great! Thank you both!

6 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I've seen this stated here before. Do you happen to know what in particular makes their process longer than other stores?

In this instance, I guess it doesn't matter too much since not much other work in the area has been done, but I watched the one in Ballantyne creep along a few years ago as I'm watching the one in Cotswold creep along now. Seriously, so slow. 

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Along those lines is there any more info on what hotel brand might be going here or if there is a hotel associated with the project?  I believe there was talk of an Indigo here at some point.  Is that the flag by chance?

8 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

Along those lines is there any more info on what hotel brand might be going here or if there is a hotel associated with the project?  I believe there was talk of an Indigo here at some point.  Is that the flag by chance?

So the hotel was dropped from the mix at least initially. Though from what I understand theres a chance that a hotel might be back in the cards instead of the phase 2 office.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article213471359.html

Not really new information but there is an article in the Charlotte Observer today with David Furman stating that things are on track for this development.  Also states the Publix hasn't signed a lease yet but are close, i'll keep my fingers crossed.  Will be nice when/if this finally starts construction!

24 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article213471359.html

Not really new information but there is an article in the Charlotte Observer today with David Furman stating that things are on track for this development.  Also states the Publix hasn't signed a lease yet but are close, i'll keep my fingers crossed.  Will be nice when/if this finally starts construction!

theres more information on this board than in that article, lol. <3 Katie, if you are looking.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

theres more information on this board than in that article, lol. <3 Katie, if you are looking.

Well duh!  Just thought I would share for those who don't follow this board as closely as others.  Still eagerly waiting for this one to start, the potential it has to jump start development on the North Tryon is amazing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Well duh!  Just thought I would share for those who don't follow this board as closely as others.  Still eagerly waiting for this one to start, the potential it has to jump start development on the North Tryon is amazing. 

Yea, thanks for sharing.  I'm actually very excited for N. Tryon. I've "heard stuff" about a couple of the "cultural/public" projects and their design direction and I'm VERY VERY excited for what 2023 has to offer. 

3 minutes ago, dubone said:

While I am slightly nervous that Publix hasn't signed a lease yet, the fact that they are still interested and apparently a patient corporation is all still good that they will remain in the mix.  To me that is a very good catalyst for North Tryon growth as any.  

I can't help but find it odd that Furman hasn't been able to get 10Tryon sorted out yet.  It is a very modest building at only NINE stories, so to have to break it into 2 phases and still not have an announcement is a bit of a disappointment.  

The retail in Skyhouse is filling up and have been excellent resources for 4th Ward, which is somewhat underserved for retail, or at least retail that I would frequent myself.    

In Skyhouse North, QC Grounds is really great little coffee shop and even has a few tasty sandwich options for lunches.  If they grow their food menu a bit, it deserves all of the obsession people used to lavish on Fourth Ward Bread Co.   They roast their own beans there and the coffee was good enough to get my hipster-snob brother's seal of approval when he was visiting.  

I am planning on shifting my vet services to the one in Skyhouse, too.  Long in South End has gotten pretty pricey with their new digs and it will be far more urban to walk my dog to the vet than to drive.  Ironically, CATS does not permit pets, even though they are often cleaner and better behaved than some of the humans.  

I've heard they have tenants, but had to switch gears on the financing end so it slowed things down.

• 3 months later...