monsoon

SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and Hotel/Condo Tower in 4th Ward

^^^^ Looks like a large office tower on the site is dead. There seems to be a small building at Tryon and 10th, though I suspect that's the parking deck for Publix. As long as it has retail on both sides (Tryon and 10th) I guess that's ok.

I heard today from someone who should know that the office tower is not dead. It is still being actively marketed and is in search of an anchor tenant. I did get the impression its unlikely to happen soon, unless a miracle happens.

Edited by kermit

That's great news.  I really hope things work out for the office tower.  I mean, I'm thrilled about both the Skyhouse towers and the possible Publix but getting an office tower too would be awesome!!  Would be nice if it were the same height as the one previously proposed around here during the last boom.

Skyhouse has posted their monthly leasing rates for this building... Looks like leases will be available to start on August 15th. Below is what they are going for... I just took what the lower end rates for the given floor plans would be. They all have larger and more expensive versions as well. Some of the 3 bedrooms for example were over $3k mth for 1500+ sqft.

Studio (585 sqft) $1195
1 bedroom 1 bath (678 sqft) $1385
2 bedroom 2 bath (1029 sqft) $2210
3 bedroom 3 bath (1189 sqft) $2700

Parking garage seems to be speeding along after what felt like a long time.  I must say am soooo happy we got this version of the building.  Looking at the web cams of the version with barrel roof it makes the building hideous. Anyone have any clue why they have 2 roof versions and how they decide which to use?

Not sure if everyone has noticed, but the exterior elevator has been removed from Skyhouse.  I'd imagine the internal ones are now functional.  Now get started on Skyhouse II.  :P

Not sure if everyone has noticed, but the exterior elevator has been removed from Skyhouse. I'd imagine the internal ones are now functional. Now get started on Skyhouse II. :P

No. Tryon is underwhelming compared to what's going on in So. Tryon

So much for a Masonry Base, so disappointing.

I am stuck on stucco beige cuz stucco's stuck on me.  :whistling:

• Like 2

That still looks better than what was there.

That's a low bar, but I tend to agree with you.   

is that stucco or precast concrete?

Above the ground floor, it is stucco.   I think it may be precast on the ground floor, although it is somewhat funny to do the work to put that in, but not have a material that looks superior to stucco at a glance.  

Regardless, I am not that dissatisfied with this building.  It is mostly glass, and it is actually a bit nicer looking with the stucco than the untreated concrete of Novare condos.   

And well, just as we talk about Skyhouse 2, there is an entry in Accela for a project inspection at this site:

Project Description:   Skyhouse Charlotte 2
This project proposes a 24 story multifamily tower.

You mean this? It does look to be directly parallel to the one on Skyhouse 1.

That kind of looks like the beginnings of an elevator pit, but that seems out of sequence with what I'm seeing in that photo.

It will be exciting to see that crane move to this new pad!

I know by now the second tower is inevitable, but it is such a good news event to see it start. 

I could be mistaken, but it looks like a crane is being delivered onsite as we speak...

That yellow piece certainly looks like it!! Refresh my memory. How long did it take skyhouse 1 to top out after they got that crane up/construction start?

Edited by Jayvee

I would think they use it first to complete the south side of the parking deck, but keep it for Skyhouse 2.  Not sure if SH2 is imminent, though I do suspect it starts by the end of summer.

Is SkyHouse two starting from groundlevel as well?

No I think they're building that one from the top down. :P

• Like 3