SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

On 1/23/2017 at 3:44 PM, KJHburg said:

Shovel Ready sounds like they are still working on the lease maybe with Publix for their store there. 

Publix is on board.  The project is on hold until they find an anchor tenant.

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

Does this mean the condos or hotels once a part of this project have been eliminated? Sounds like it to me. 

Dunno it says "Office Tower" which suggests this might now be a 15 floor building instead of a 9 floor building. 

23 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Does this mean the condos or hotels once a part of this project have been eliminated? Sounds like it to me. 

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Dunno it says "Office Tower" which suggests this might now be a 15 floor building instead of a 9 floor building. 

No condos or hotel. 13 story building

10Tryon.JPG

9 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

This Publix is going to put the mini HT Uptown out of business.  Whole Foods got the south end covered and Publix the north.

Lets think positive here, maybe HT will see the need to open a full sized location somewhere uptown, or the pedestrian crowd would still prefer the "corner store" location of the mini HT. 

6 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

Lets think positive here, maybe HT will see the need to open a full sized location somewhere uptown, or the pedestrian crowd would still prefer the "corner store" location of the mini HT. 

Supposedly Harris Teeter already has a soft commit at a Future uptown development. :ph34r:

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Synopsis101 said:

Brooklyn Village.

Its the only place that makes sense. I wonder if along stonewall closer towards midtown. 

If every street corner in Huntersville, Lake Norman, Cornelius, Ballantyne, etc can have billions of Teets, Publix and their Whole Foods & Fresh Market. Why can't center city? Isn't Uptown + SouthEnd 30,000 people now? 

If I was Harris Teeter I would stay in 4th Ward or along West Trade corridor to serve that end of uptown.  And it is possible the Tiny Teeter stays put and a full sized store is built elsewhere within the loop. What about the Lennar project?  Anyway exciting times in Uptown Charlotte for sure. And I predict you will see an urban format QuikTrip like the one they are doing in Atlanta's Midtown https://whatnowatlanta.com/quiktrip-to-bring-convenience-store-only-concept-to-midtown/

• Like 1

I would speculate the Polk site as a potential.

The original masterplans for Gateway Village done by the city include a 55k grocery spot. Wonder if that has a chance of translating to other agencies plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Its the only place that makes sense. I wonder if along stonewall closer towards midtown. 

If every street corner in Huntersville, Lake Norman, Cornelius, Ballantyne, etc can have billions of Teets, Publix and their Whole Foods & Fresh Market. Why can't center city? Isn't Uptown + SouthEnd 30,000 people now? 

Uptown really isn't all that far off from having as many options within a one mile radius when compared to other areas. 

You have / will soon have: HT, Publix, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Target, BJs.