SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

3 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

While I applaud this post, it made me think. Take out the actual Skyhouse towers (which I wouldn’t count as they’re technically part of the same development,) and this area looks pretty much the same, albeit with nicer trees

a9a228f977bf11a468ddc1f89080c770.jpg&key=f95b07a5ba98398d2d6b0ae6f2334331969db908bcd4aa2cb73519f5777132ae

Yes but skyhouse is actually somewhat near the downtown core, its continuous development to trade and tryon, not passed two strip malls, a former suburban mcdonalds, an empty patch of grass and a impossibly 1960s goverment district.

On 2/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, KJHburg said:

Actually the new Publix in Raleigh is on the edge of their downtown and there is a high rise condo tower 17 stories  (called West) http://www.glenwoodagency.com/developments/West-at-North-13  or so about 2 blocks away.  It is like SouthEnd but close in like the first few blocks from 277.   And by the way downtown Raleigh does have a Skyhouse close to the main heart of the city.  

Downtown Raleigh does not have an urban loop like Charlotte that well defines it.   That is a great project in Raleigh and looks good too.  Kane built the first urban format 2 level Harris Teeter even before Charlotte had one up in North Hills. 

That all being said I hope 10 N Tryon gets off the ground and I think the closer they time it to the Lennar Market 42 tower the better for them.  

Actually if you looked 2 blocks south of this Google street view you would see the 17 story condo tower and the rest of the downtown skyline. 

FWIW, Pubix Super Market Charities sponsors free admission Wednesday evenings, 5:00 - 9:00 P.M., at both locations of the Mint Museum (Uptown and Randolph Road).

1384536095.jpg

Also, here's a link to Ely Portillo's story in the Charlotte Observer regarding development along the North Tryon corridor, including the 10 Tryon office building with the Publix grocery store.

Link:   http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article103051157.html 

Edited by QCxpat
Add Link to Ely Portillo's Observer story re North Tryon Vision Plan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2018 at 9:00 PM, elrodvt said:

I say we condemn and tear down the Levine garage and put it there. ;-)

Better yet, leave the deck, throw some astro turf on a few levels of it and have a multi level covered dog park!

Really though a dog park in uptown would be awesome. 

• 1 month later...

So, 10Tryon, I have heard not so good things over the last week (i.e. not in the next 12 months or not this cycle) , and I am hoping that my sources are wrong.

Please, someone tell me that is not true! I mean we have momentum on N Tryon, InterContinental and Market 42 , the "vision" for North Tryon as well as a state of the art (sarc), albeit not open to the public,  garage -- compliments of Mr. Levine!

Edited by Scribe

2 hours ago, Scribe said:

So, 10Tryon, I have heard not so good things over the last week (i.e. not in the next 12 months or not this cycle) , and I am hoping that my sources are wrong.

Not surprising.  I'm curious when people think this cycle will end?  With all the new towers on Stonewall, Graham and Tryon, I'm not shocked that they are having a hard time finding tenants (if that is the problem).  All of that said, I don't worry so much about missing cycles anymore.  IMO, we've passed the tipping point on Uptown development.  With the other projects in the vicinity of this property that are confirmed and moving forward, it's literally a matter of time.  Frustrating as it would be to wait 5 years, it might result in a better or even denser project.  In 10 years, 4th Ward will likely look a lot like Stonewall now (though possibly with better development standards reflected in the projects).  The future of North Tryon (in and beyond Uptown) is bright...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Scribe said:

Please, someone tell me that is not true! I mean we have momentum on N Tryon, InterContinental and Market 42 , the "vision" for North Tryon as well as a state of the art (sarc), albeit not open to the public,  garage -- compliments of Mr. Levine!

I've been told not to count it out. 

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I've been told not to count it out. 

What a relief... the source that said "not in the next 12 months" also said there was a re-design of the project? does that have any validity? or do I need to discard my sources completely?

^^^ Interesting sort of an Airbnb furnished 2 bedroom unit.  I picked 2102 with view of the lovely Levine garage and it was 179 a night and 192 on weekends in Dec.  But for someone looking for full kitchen on a longer visit these are perfect.    

My thoughts is they have had a little trouble leasing all their apartments since it is over 500 units I think.  

and I could watch progress on the new Levine apartments LOL https://reservations.staylyric.com/property/chasky2102/#?l=Charlotte, NC&a=2018-12-01&d=2018-12-08&g=2&ad=2&max=2500&path=%2Fproperty%2F

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ Interesting sort of an Airbnb furnished 2 bedroom unit.  I picked 2102 with view of the lovely Levine garage and it was 179 a night and 192 on weekends in Dec.  But for someone looking for full kitchen on a longer visit these are perfect.    

My thoughts is they have had a little trouble leasing all their apartments since it is over 500 units I think.  

and I could watch progress on the new Levine apartments LOL https://reservations.staylyric.com/property/chasky2102/#?l=Charlotte, NC&a=2018-12-01&d=2018-12-08&g=2&ad=2&max=2500&path=%2Fproperty%2F

672 units

Also, it is a pretty natural fit. There is a 24 hour concierge, and the rooftop lounge/gym/pool/patio is killer.

• Like 2

^^ I think it makes a lot of sense for them they rent out 12 or however many units and many business travelers get tired of hotels and this would be a residential setting with full kitchen.  I rent out my condo at the beach to business travelers in the off season.  They love it because it is not a hotel for the same rate and they have space and full kitchen facilities. 

• Like 2

^^ If you get caught in a new well managed apartment complex Airbnbing your unit they can cancel your lease and evict you.  You see some in condos but many of those are in violation of their own HOA documents.    NC was one of the first states to require Airbnb to collect and remit taxes on every rental in the state.  Most states have followed us recently SC did about a year and half ago.     

I think these Skyhouse rentals will do great and it looks like that company works with some of the top landlords like Camden too. 

• Like 2