SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

So I work for Publix. And I was talking to managers about this. And apparently “the condos that were planned for this tower were waiting on Publix to officially sign, but Publix has yet to officially sign off with this development yet..” So that might be the reason the condos got pulled from this development. Publix is also seeing a great amount of traffic in its South End location which might be the reason they have yet to sign with this developer. Also I was told that the Publix that is coming soon to South Park is suppose to be a really nice Publix! 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 12:08 AM, 704Dimitri said:

So I work for Publix. And I was talking to managers about this. And apparently “the condos that were planned for this tower were waiting on Publix to officially sign, but Publix has yet to officially sign off with this development yet..” So that might be the reason the condos got pulled from this development. Publix is also seeing a great amount of traffic in its South End location which might be the reason they have yet to sign with this developer. Also I was told that the Publix that is coming soon to South Park is suppose to be a really nice Publix! 

This would confirm my suspicion that Public might be the hold out. Publix typically moves at tectonic pace.

• Like 1

This would confirm my suspicion that Public might be the hold out. Publix typically moves at tectonic pace.

Condos haven’t been part of the mix in two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Condos haven’t been part of the mix in two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I think that’s why Publix is being slow about it. But you would think since SkyHouse is right next door it wouldn’t matter? I will see if I can get anything else about this development! I’m hoping it actually comes! 

8 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

The last retail space was taken and work on upfit has begun.... Dentist office

I'd live at Skyhouse and would never need to leave... Pool/Gym upstairs.  Best coffee house Uptown in Queen City Grounds, Uptown Vet, Primary Care Doctors office, good enough pizza/pasta place and now finally a dentist 

SAME. Between their coffee, baked goods, and food menu - from the man behind Fud at Salud (!!!) - Queen City Grounds is all you need daily... then  Sappienza Pizza is just a bonus.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, navigator319 said:

The last retail space was taken and work on upfit has begun.... Dentist office

I'd live at Skyhouse and would never need to leave... Pool/Gym upstairs.  Best coffee house Uptown in Queen City Grounds, Uptown Vet, Primary Care Doctors office, good enough pizza/pasta place and now finally a dentist 

And constantly broken elevators...

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

We’ve got a big story to tell, but I need one more little thing to fall into place

Does anybody have any suspicions regarding what the "one more little thing" is?  Surely it isn't Publix as some have suggested.  I am anxious for this project to get going too.  I can't wait to see it rising.  Hopefully it truly is a "little thing" that can be resolved soon.

Once this project gets started, I'm sure other developments will soon be announced. I am hoping that the land directly across the street where that coffee shop is could be turned into really nice park similar to Romare Bearden, then all the other parcels to finally one day catch up with the developments...

Edited by j-man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, j-man said:

An entire zoo will form on this lot with all the trees and grass growing by the time they even do something here. Ugh

as EllAyyDub said, I think that one thing fell into place too. Even though he said it 7 months ago.

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

as EllAyyDub said, I think that one thing fell into place too. Even though he said it 7 months ago.

Yeah I know major developments have so many complex layers but this one is just do beautiful and needed. I just hope they don’t cancel. 

14 minutes ago, Cpink said:

https://www.cityfeet.com/cont/listing/office-space-for-lease/10-tryon-st-charlotte-nc-28202/cs4346484

10 Tryon is on Cityfeet.com's page with spaces for lease so I think this project is definitely still going to happen. Floors 2-5 are already leased it seems like (unless that's parking).

I think its more leased than that, but I'm pretty sure 2-5 are parking.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Cpink said:

https://www.cityfeet.com/cont/listing/office-space-for-lease/10-tryon-st-charlotte-nc-28202/cs4346484

10 Tryon is on Cityfeet.com's page with spaces for lease so I think this project is definitely still going to happen. Floors 2-5 are already leased it seems like (unless that's parking).

So what is the height of this building?  The link shows the space availability for 10 floors, but the image looks like at least 20 stories.