SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

9 minutes ago, Bruco72 said:

Such an apples to oranges comparison it’s stupid. 

Good luck getting tenants (or financing) without parking in Charlotte. 

Keep increasing density and keep reasonably expanding transit and progress will continue. That’s the path Charlotte is on and that’s great.   I’d love transit to be more of a focus but it’s a difficult balance. 

Cities like Seattle have a several decades head start. It is what it is 

The poster said Charlotte would be a car dependent city in the long term. If you are going to have a mindset of cars first, then that's what you will get. Seattle was about the same size as Charlotte once  upon a time, before Amazon's boom. Seattle took drastic steps towards infrastructure investment. 

Edit: If you watched the video, Expedia still has a parking garage, it's just market rate. BUT they were able to add a beautiful park that would have been taken up by a parking deck if they gave everyone in the company a free parking spot. The majority of the workforce take mass transit or carpool. May as well build something in the suburbs where most activities require a car.

Edited by mpretori

From permitting app:

Sounds a little different from renderings we've seen so far. 

"Ten Tryon will be a mixed-use high-rise located on North Tryon Street, between 9th and 10th Streets. It will have a three level parking garage over a ground floor grocery store. There will be a large open-air terrace on top of the parking garage with a single story restaurant/entertainment building on the 10th Street end, and an office tower on the 9th Street end.

The project will be phased and submitted for permits in separate packages. Phase 1 will include Levels 1-6, which includes the grocery shell, parking, and additional shell/core spaces for the office tower, Level 6 restaurant, and ground level retail. Phase 2 will include the office tower and upfit of spaces associated with that use in Phase 1."

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 49er said:

From permitting app:

Sounds a little different from renderings we've seen so far. 

"Ten Tryon will be a mixed-use high-rise located on North Tryon Street, between 9th and 10th Streets. It will have a three level parking garage over a ground floor grocery store. There will be a large open-air terrace on top of the parking garage with a single story restaurant/entertainment building on the 10th Street end, and an office tower on the 9th Street end.

The project will be phased and submitted for permits in separate packages. Phase 1 will include Levels 1-6, which includes the grocery shell, parking, and additional shell/core spaces for the office tower, Level 6 restaurant, and ground level retail. Phase 2 will include the office tower and upfit of spaces associated with that use in Phase 1."

Interesting, sounds like they scrapped the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

But is there even enough people in this area to support an apple store? I feel like it would be a better fit in Southend.

lol I was just being sarcastic...since there was an intense Apple/retail discussion going on in the B Tower thread (should have used blue text).  Only Apples being sold in this area will be inside the Publix.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

lol I was just being sarcastic...since there was an intense Apple/retail discussion going on in the B Tower thread (should have used blue text).  Only Apples being sold in this area will be inside the Publix.  

My bad I was totally being sarcastic too, still haven't gotten a hang of the blue text. Super excited about another grocery store close to the blue line though!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, j-man said:

My wish is that they make that lot across from it into a nice urban park.

My contention is that when they re-connect 10th and extend it across the Blue Line and College and reconnect it at Tryon, that they keep Pfifer Avenue as it is, and make the resulting mini-block between Phifer, Tryon, 10th and College a park. I think it would be nice sized, self contained park for upper Tryon.

• Like 3