SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nah they wanted consolidate to one big store in the past wanted 45k at Original Gateway Station proposal, 50k at Brooklyn Village and 60k at the original Pappas development across from pearl park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The New Gateway Multimodal Station Area Planned for S. Graham would be a great location for a full sized Harris Teeter as it would be just far enough away from Publix on N.Tryon and Whole Foods on Stonewall.  I think future 1st Ward / N.Tryon development served by Publix.  Future Stonewall /Brooklyn Village developments served by Whole Foods.  This leaves Romare-3rd Ward /Gateway Village developments served by Harris Teeter.

Now if it were this easy getting HT to buy in on this...

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

The New Gateway Multimodal Station Area Planned for S. Graham would be a great location for a full sized Harris Teeter as it would be just far enough away from Publix on N.Tryon and Whole Foods on Stonewall.  I think future 1st Ward / N.Tryon development served by Publix.  Future Stonewall /Brooklyn Village developments served by Whole Foods.  This leaves Romare-3rd Ward /Gateway Village developments served by Harris Teeter.

I totally agree! That section would be ideal and get some great foot traffic going 

• Like 1

I’m not drinking the koolaid on gateway right now. I think a hiccup is coming.

they need a new developer if they struck out on all those locations.  Maybe someone will propose an apartment tower with ground level larger store.   If a certain somebody will sell some land in First Ward that would be a great location and maybe Levine with partner with Akridge out of DC and finally get something done on their fields of dreams. 

They didn’t strike out, everyone else has. None of the original visions have been realized

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’m not drinking the koolaid on gateway right now. I think a hiccup is coming.

Care to elaborate?

I'll say this has all seemed painfully slow so far with Phase 1 development. Wondering if the RFP for Phase 2 will come back with bad options no one really wants to go with.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DH17 said:

Care to elaborate?

I'll say this has all seemed painfully slow so far with Phase 1 development. Wondering if the RFP for Phase 2 will come back with bad options no one really wants to go with.

I think theres a chance it won't come back with any options. Lot of asks, not a whole lot of space.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Ouch :( North Tryon just can't catch a break. At least the Ellis should help a ton. How many units is that expected to be? Will really help put feet on the street over there.

It has a anchor tenant so I think as long as we survive this pandemic, it will come back. 

5 minutes ago, j-man said:

Suspended as in “postponed” or “cancelled”

postponed

from what I read it sounds postponed they are just not starting 2Q I get that.   That does not mean shelved the way the headlines read it is confusing.  It is pause.   If they do have an office tenant and the retail tenant which is a grocery which right now sales are through the roof at any grocer.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

from what I read it sounds postponed they are just not starting 2Q I get that.   That does not mean shelved the way the headlines read it is confusing.  It is pause.   If they do have an office tenant and the retail tenant which is a grocery which right now sales are through the roof at any grocer.  

Basically construction loan rates have jumped a LOT, so they will wait for that to (hopefully) stabilize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

Basically construction loan rates have jumped a LOT, so they will wait for that to (hopefully) stabilize.

I'm very concerned about the construction industry if this goes for more than a couple of months. Bid prices were already sky-high due to material costs, and now that the supply chain from China has shut down that will make things even worse. If the loan market dries up, things will get really ugly in a hurry. Usually a recession decreases bid costs, but I'm worried that won't happen this time. 

• 4 months later...

BUMP

I figured people would be more likely to click on this thread than the UP Meetup thread. 

So please check the UP Meetup thread because I'd love to do something on ZOOM, or something in a wide open patio setting. 

I'd like to see the people I know, and meet the folks I haven't. I'm most likely back in Charlotte for good, so I'd like to have the opportunity to contribute to this community in a meaningful way, and bring you guys along for the ride.

• 1 month later...

One reason I looked for this on their website and good thing it is still there is that I read they were doing a new apartment complex in suburban Atlanta so sounds like they are cranking some new development back up.

was this 2022 date on their before and maybe it was I don't remember.   Someone in our business media should reach out to AH. 

http://armadahoffler.com/properties/ten-tyron/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

In a previous election I received a phone call for a candidate in a statewide election. The caller encouraged me to visit the office for the candidate located on "Tyrone" Street. "Where are you calling from" I asked. "Massachusetts".

Thanks for the unintended 90s Erykah Badu flashback, tarhoosier!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...