SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

MECKLENBURG COUNTY (mecknc.gov)

Link above is an Order from the County Health Department, dated February 16, 2021, that Property Owners of tent encampment areas must remove all individuals living in the encampment area.  Meck County and partner agencies will assist removal efforts by finding alternate shelter and providing services.  The health crisis referenced in the order is a rodent infestation and the burning of debris.  Individuals have 72 hours to vacate from start of the order, which is today.  Once individuals are gone, a total cleanup and rodent eradication process will commence.

Theoretically, the tent encampment could return after cleanup and eradication take place, but during those efforts, Property Owners may not allow any temporary living structures.

Edited by RANYC
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 10:05 PM, KJHburg said:

Have not seen this new brochure with the dates of opening and construction all laid out.  Who is this 55,000 sq ft office anchor tenant is that Bank of America as rumored?  

Very interesting and Publix will have 134 dedicated parking spots as I do think people will drive to this location as they do the Whole Foods in addition to walking of course.

10Tryon-Retail-Brochure_20201217_E.pdf (foundrycommercial.com)

""Breaking Ground 2nd Quarter 2021
175,000 SF, 15 Story, Class A Office Tower Delivering Q1 2023
28,000 SF Publix with Street Level Access and 134 Dedicated Parking Spaces in Parking Deck
9,000 SF Rooftop Restaurant Space with 4,000 SF Outdoor Patio
2,100 SF + 800 SF Street Level Retail Shop Space in Addition to Publix Delivering Q4 2022
3 Levels (340 spaces) of On-Site Parking with an Additional 210 Dedicated Spaces at SkyHouse Apartments""

TenTryon_OutdoorDining_Cam1_120820_WEB.jpg

TenTryon_Exterior_Cam3_120820_WEB.jpg

I said this before this in my opinion is the most consequential project in uptown not yet started. 

You have recent indications that this project is still moving forward?  Below is a passage from the business journal in January 2020:

The developers say they are finalizing a lease agreement with an undisclosed Fortune 100 company, which is slated to take the top three floors, or about 55,000 square feet, at Ten Tryon and serve as its anchor.

Those involved in the project declined to name the tenant when asked, but real estate sources have told the Charlotte Business Journal that Bank of America Corp. is expected to be the building's anchor. A spokesman for BofA said Thursday afternoon that the bank has "no update."

Ten Tryon will break ground in the second quarter of this year and is expected to finish in the summer of 2022.

• Like 1

• dubone changed the title to SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, UptownGottie said:

Will this project ever get built?  I thought it finally got traction when the permits were filed but I guess not.

I believe that it will but these things always take time.  I would wager that a start on this will be in the 4th Quarter ‘21 to 2nd Quarter ‘22 timeframe.  They have a powerhouse anchor in Publix but could be waiting slightly longer due to material, labor, inflation, etc. concerns.  Office construction usually tends to piggyback on/feed off each other.

At this point. When this does happen or gets finished, it won’t even be that exciting. For all this time they should be revamping the look of this because it’s already outdated for something being built nowadays. It feels like how when people first saw the plans for LU1. I mean how long was this first announced. Like 15 years ago. Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49er said:

It's 13 floors (9 above 4 parking levels) but multifamily now instead of office. Still has grocery on first floor. I wonder how much the architecture will change now?  

thats interesting as I think Bank of America leased a floor or two to get it started but residential makes a lot sense there as well as a grocery store is amenity for residents.   This is what the developer is still has on their website with office space above the Publix.  10 Tryon - Armada Hoffler

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

Hasn’t it been like. 5 years this project has been planned with Publix and everything? 

this is dragging on so slow. I remember working in Odell with Bank of America a long time ago saying “that’s where Publix is going”

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...