Official NBA thread

BHCav

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit Pistons!

I think the East is really wide open between Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, and I really think Chicago if they can build on last year will be tough as well.

Howevev, I don't think the Heat make it back. Shaq is too old and will they be hungry enough?

It sounds crazy, but I still don't think Wade gets the credit he deserves. After watching both Lebron and Wade last season I have a hard time seeing why James is considered to be far and away better then Wade. I know Wade has a better supporting cast, but he almost single handedly won the trophy for them last year.

Great topic. I really don't have a team....maybe something like this; the Suns-1a and the Hornets-1b

The Heat is still the team to beat, but it will be hard to repeat. Shaq lost alot of weight and looked as quick as he's been in years IMO. The role players will have to step it up. The Pistons, Cavs, and Bulls play in one tough division. The Bulls had a great offseason signing Def.MVP Ben Wallace and rookie-Tyrus Thomas..blocking shots and getting rebounds all over the place. They should really compliment the back-court w/ Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich. Those are the 4 best teams in the East.

Out West if Amare Stoudamire is anywhere near 100% the Suns will always be a "wild-card" vs. the Battle of Texas with Spurs and Mavs. The Clippers should be back-n-the-mix again. Does Kevin Garnett become a Laker with Kobe?? The Hornets should continue to impove and get the 6-8 spot in the western playoffs.

Very hard to say the "Best" player is??? The best player'"s"..are

D Wade, LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, KG, Iverson, Nash

Wade gets no where close to the credit he deserves! and the supporting cast thing...lets not forget the rookie season of wade, anthony, and james. who was the only one of them, their rookie season, to single handedly take his team into the semi finals of the playoffs, without a great supporting cast? He is still the only one of any of the draftees that year to earn a ring(note that i said EARN...Darko doesnt count). my team has been miami since '96: zo, tim, mash, marjerle, and vashon leanard.

LONG LIVE HEAT... EVEN AFTER WADE AND SHAQ AND ZO EVENTUALLY RETIRE!!!

I know it's early and may not mean that much to some; but the 108-66 Bulls demolishing of the Heat was impressive. From the 2nd qtr. on, it wasn't even close. On championship ring ceremony night in Miami. Worst beating a reigning champ has ever had.

:angry: ! yea, my boys got murdered. i turned on the tv and had to double take. i could have sworn it said 98 to 106, but i caught it on a 6 inch screen at work. oh well

LONG LIVE HEAT!... and yea, shaq does look bigger. i guess thats what happens when you're a millionaire on your way to retirement and never have to worry about eating. :lol:

Wade gets no where close to the credit he deserves! and the supporting cast thing...lets not forget the rookie season of wade, anthony, and james. who was the only one of them, their rookie season, to single handedly take his team into the semi finals of the playoffs, without a great supporting cast? He is still the only one of any of the draftees that year to earn a ring(note that i said EARN...Darko doesnt count). my team has been miami since '96: zo, tim, mash, marjerle, and vashon leanard.

LONG LIVE HEAT... EVEN AFTER WADE AND SHAQ AND ZO EVENTUALLY RETIRE!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived