Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrandonTO416

Intra-State Flights

12 posts in this topic

Have any of you noticed how many flights there are within the state?

The biggest flight pattern is based on the fact that NWA has its Memphis hub.

Memphis has several daily flights to all commercial airports in the state.

Memphis - Chattanooga

Memphis - Nashville (which has mainline jet service, I flew on a 737 between the two before)

Memphis - Knoxville

Memphis - Tri-Cities

I'm not sure about Nashville's connections, as I don't think there is one to the other markets.

Anyone know if there are others?

American Eagle used to have a Nashville - Chattanooga flight in the early '90s. I think it stopped around '97.

I think there used to be a MEM-Jackson/McKellar Sipes, but I think it ended a few years ago.

Yeah, no regional service from BNA to any airport besides MEM. And that service bounces between DC-9's and A319's. BNA has shuttle service from Chattanooga and Bowling Green, but no airline service to other cities.

Although I would like to see a regional service start in the state with flights to BNA, but that most likely won't happen just due to cost.

I think there used to be a MEM-Jackson/McKellar Sipes, but I think it ended a few years ago.

When did Northwest stop using 737s? I swear that I was on a 737 from MEM to BNA back a few years ago.

Northwest has actually never flown 737's but it does fly A319's and A320's which are very similar

Yeah, no regional service from BNA to any airport besides MEM. And that service bounces between DC-9's and A319's. BNA has shuttle service from Chattanooga and Bowling Green, but no airline service to other cities.

Although I would like to see a regional service start in the state with flights to BNA, but that most likely won't happen just due to cost.

Dayjet has announced they will eventually provide service to Tennessee. This could change the picture greatly if they are successful.

Dayjet has announced they will eventually provide service to Tennessee. This could change the picture greatly if they are successful.

I have studied this company a little bit. Quite an interesting company actually.