Charlotte in 2026

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else like the twisted building in the forefront of the rendering as much as I do? It has a very European feel to it and I would love to have a building like that in Charlotte. I could think of a couple of locations that are better suited for it, but all in all it is great.

Does anyone else like the twisted building in the forefront of the rendering as much as I do? It has a very European feel to it and I would love to have a building like that in Charlotte. I could think of a couple of locations that are better suited for it, but all in all it is great.

I still believe there are several key issues that should be dealt with in order for Charlotte to grow properly. One is the school system. If our school system continues to absorb all of the growth from the influx of new residents we should start building lots of more schools NOW. Another issue is to do a feasibility study of revamping the bus system to include more residential areas in town with greater access to shopping/ medical facilities. There should also be a greater planning effort coming from other counties besides Union. I know that there is MUMPO but what sense does that make to not include Cabarrus, Iredell, Gaston, Lincoln, York and Lancaster in transportation issues. The way I see it, Charlotte will be the center of the Southern Megalopolis extending from Richmond all the way to Birmingham by 2030 so we should prepare for such things. I just like this blog because it does get people talking about issues. There are too many people not getting involved and just complaining about the results......talk is cheap, get involved!!!!!

Oh yeah, NCDOT needs to get their act together and stop treating the road fund like a personal piggy bank.

Actually CMS is not absorbing all the growth in this area. Increasingly white middle class students are leaving it. Last year the white population of CMS went up by just 500 students! This at the same time that Mecklenburg's population grew by about 15,000 in the same period. The county is about 65% white, while CMS is now about 35% white.

Archived