IN PROGRESS: 100 Medway Renovation (Day One Resource Center)

dayoneya0.jpg

I believe the building is being renovated for the Day One Sexual Assault and Trauma Resource Center, currently located on Richmond Street in the Jewelry District.

It formally housed Abacus, a software company that, I believe, is now in Rising Sun Mills. The building is behind the CVS on Medway and has been empty for at least 3 years. It was built in the 50's at the same time as most of Wayland's commercial and retail buildings.

They did a nice job with the new wheelchair ramp entrance and associated sidewalk redo and actually seem to be working on the interior pretty furiously.

I'll start a thread for this on the forum for completeness sake and for the one or two people here in Wayland who are interested ;).

- Garris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dayoneya0.jpg

I believe the building is being renovated for the Day One Sexual Assault and Trauma Resource Center, currently located on Richmond Street in the Jewelry District.

It formally housed Abacus, a software company that, I believe, is now in Rising Sun Mills. The building is behind the CVS on Medway and has been empty for at least 3 years. It was built in the 50's at the same time as most of Wayland's commercial and retail buildings.

They did a nice job with the new wheelchair ramp entrance and associated sidewalk redo and actually seem to be working on the interior pretty furiously.

I'll start a thread for this on the forum for completeness sake and for the one or two people here in Wayland who are interested ;).

- Garris

• 4 weeks later...

The progress on this is mixed so far. The base is nicely redone with landscaping and, for the first time since I've lived here, looks "cared for."

However, they bricked over the top and bottom windows that are 2nd and 3rd most in from the left, and not in a way that looks flush and unobtrusive. VERY odd... I'm not sure what I think about that yet...

- Garris

Correct. It's a completely different building. The United Way building is much bigger and is at the SE corner of Waterman and Wayland Aves.

This building is West of Wayland on Medway St on the back entrance side of the building that contains Books on the Square, CVS, etc and is much smaller.

They do have a similar design ethos, though, and look of the same school of thought...

Once cleaned up, I'm sure it'll be a handsome, if slightly bland, office building.

- Garris

Archived