Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yerocal

Macon's Skyline & down town developments!

8 posts in this topic

Macon has a lot of potential to become a much nicer city than it is. I heard that Macon has a height resriction for building downtown, if so i think that is so stupid for a thriving city thats really starting to grow and being recognized for it's progress. If you notice other cities like Augusta, Ga, Columbia,SC, Moblie, Al, Chattanooga, TN, Ashville, NC and other cities it size is building up there downtowns with nice skylines and Macon should too. Modernize cities are attracting people and busines to there areas and if macon does have this type of rescriction it killing it self from maybe recieving some top noch companies and grow opportunites.

Opinions any one?

savannah has the same restrictions and it seems to be doing fine. savannah is one of the tourist favorite spots in the south. I dont think tall buildings attract people, attractions attract people.

savannah has the same restrictions and it seems to be doing fine. savannah is one of the tourist favorite spots in the south. I dont think tall buildings attract people, attractions attract people.

Maybe or maybe not but if you notice most of the that cities that has tall building are an attraction in its self because how beautiful it looks. a city's skyline is and attraction it self.

Someone please explain this height restriction. If im not mistaken, Macon may have the tallest skyline outside of Metro Atlanta. So this height restriction cant be too strict.

Isn't there like a few residential tower's going up downtown? Can u guys get me that info?? Gateway Building was neat but you can barely see it from Ocmulgee.

The new hotel and waterfront condos will add two new tall (or sorta tall) buildings to the downtown skyline...exciting! This should help modernize the city's skyline a bit and give it a more progressive look.