Georgia's Next Atlanta- Macon....

yerocal

You seem to suffer from selective memory -- what you actually said was that Columbus was "boring" -- which was a stupid thing to say (not to mention wrong). I am surprised that you dont know the difference between "slower" and "boring." Maybe you will understand if I said that I felt Macon may seem faster than Columbus but more boring. Which I dont, but it should help you understand that it IS outrageous to say that another town comparable to Columbus in almost all respects is "boring." That is a value judgment which should righfully outrage any resident of the slammed city. It has nothing factual to add to a discussion of what is happening in the 2d tier cities, and is designed only to be provocative.

BTW -- You are welcome for yet another great explanation.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seem to suffer from selective memory -- what you actually said was that Columbus was "boring" -- which was a stupid thing to say (not to mention wrong). I am surprised that you dont know the difference between "slower" and "boring." Maybe you will understand if I said that I felt Macon may seem faster than Columbus but more boring. Which I dont, but it should help you understand that it IS outrageous to say that another town comparable to Columbus in almost all respects is "boring." That is a value judgment which should righfully outrage any resident of the slammed city. It has nothing factual to add to a discussion of what is happening in the 2d tier cities, and is designed only to be provocative.

BTW -- You are welcome for yet another great explanation.

I recall georgia478 giving his opinion and him being criticized by someone for stating his opinion. That's how it started. Everyone ought to respect everyone's opinions not tell someone their opinions are wrong just because they don't match up with yours. Threads like this can be enjoyable and productive, but the moderators don't like us to have threads like this because people don't know how to not get offended because someone doesn't think their city is bigger, faster or whatever.

But that's two totally seperate things. A couple of you all were trying to discredit his opinion..not boost your own. And it was done in a rude manner. I'm not necessarily saying it was you, but I do recall him/her being bashed for their opinion. And really no facts were really given about the issue if you want me to be honest.

I recall georgia478 giving his opinion and him being criticized by someone for stating his opinion. That's how it started. Everyone ought to respect everyone's opinions not tell someone their opinions are wrong just because they don't match up with yours. Threads like this can be enjoyable and productive, but the moderators don't like us to have threads like this because people don't know how to not get offended because someone doesn't think their city is bigger, faster or whatever.

Archived