Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HABANERO7

Parisian could close at Hamilton Place Mall

15 posts in this topic

Reports today are saying if a buyer isn't found soon for the Parisian at Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga the store will close. With Belks recent acquisition of 38 Parisian units including the one at Hamilton Place Mall from Saks, Belk has found itself with 3 department stores in the mall. Belk has had some luck unloading a few of the Parisian units in other parts of the country to Bon Ton Stores Inc, but there is no word yet as to the fate of the Chattanooga unit.

What are some stores that are currently located in Tennessee and Georgia in malls that could locate into the Parisian unit?

It's probably gonna be Macy's if it's anything department store-like.

The Parisian location in Chattanooga may not be big enough for a Macy's. If memory serves me correctly... it is quite a small store. But you never know. Macy's could just not have a home store under that roof and open in another area in the mall.

Chattanooga is probably missing Proffitt's about now.

The Parisian location in Chattanooga may not be big enough for a Macy's. If memory serves me correctly... it is quite a small store. But you never know. Macy's could just not have a home store under that roof and open in another area in the mall.

Chattanooga is probably missing Proffitt's about now.

Are there any Hecht's anywhere in Tennessee or North Georgia? CBL has them in their mall Cross Creek, in Fayetteville, NC.

Are there any Hecht's anywhere in Tennessee or North Georgia? CBL has them in their mall Cross Creek, in Fayetteville, NC.

The Parisian location in Chattanooga may not be big enough for a Macy's. If memory serves me correctly... it is quite a small store.

Hamilton Place is CBL's flagship mall. CBL is one of the largest mall owners/managers in the country. Their HQ is in an office midrise adjacent to the mall. So that store won't stay vacant long. CBL has a great relationship with Federated, so that's why I mentioned Macy's. Plus, of course, they have stores in surrounding cities.

Hecht's is now Macy's. There were five Hecht's stores in the Nashville area for a while that have been converted to Macy's. Hecht's was a division of May Department Stores, which was acquired by Federated Department Stores, the parent company of Macy's.

That's sounds reasonable, but I sure would prefer for it to be a Macy's. What are Dilliards Home Stores like? Does anyone know?

A Dilliard's Home Store would probaly add furniture and possibly electronics to the typical Dillard's housewares and domestics mix. Doesn't sound terribly exciting.