Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

Tallahassee's Growth Spurt

12 posts in this topic

Wow, im excited, and for board users who know me, that takes a lot.

We have the I-10 widening going on now

The airport redevelopment going on soon

Downtown Buildings, Floridan and Plaza Tower going up

and lots of seperate developments, the next 5 years will provide key growth for the area, I cant wait :yahoo:

is someone could organize a timetable on these buildings it would be great...

Im wondering when we will see them

o yea and is there any progress on the new ABC?

Did you see the article in the Tallahassee Democrat about the approval of St. Joe "South Side" Development, Tallahasseedowntown?

That should really make you excited!!!

St. Joe South Side Article

^ well that is some good news to hear. I'm happy that the city of Tallahassee realizes that this beautiful town we live in is a desirable place and we are going to need more space for some of our future residents. I am glad that Tallahassee is growing in a positive way that doesn't kill the enviroment, props to St.Joe. I also found this article today http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/biz2/newr...vest/index.html. It shows 3 Florida cities as top places to buy homes. This to me means Florida still has it even after a bad hurricane season in 2005.

Downtown, you've sure been a busy beaver lately on the board.

I'll be the negative Ned. This growth is good, but to much growth will turn into a negative if we don't bolster the city core's infrastructure (I know, the dead horse is a fine paste by now).

Downtown, you've sure been a busy beaver lately on the board.

I'll be the negative Ned. This growth is good, but to much growth will turn into a negative if we don't bolster the city core's infrastructure (I know, the dead horse is a fine paste by now).

Quote: "The proposal also calls for 1.2 million square feet of retail and office space and a possible 300 hotel rooms and 110-bed hospital." I thought this was infrastructure?!

Infrastructure, is most generally a set of interconnected structural elements that provide the framework supporting an entire structure. What St.Joe has proposed for Tallahassee sounds like Pieces of a good frame work if you ask me

My bad, I ment transportation infrastructure to relieve current congestion. IMO, this is the current Gorilla that's in the room and it continues to get bigger. It's just a baby right now. We are digressing from the thread topic though.

I am very interested to see how the I-10 project effects growth along the corridor and specifically at or near current intersections. I know Mahan/I-10 is building up, but CCNW/I-10 is still somewhat barren and filled with potential.

Is it just me, or does it look like widening is underway on Apalachee Parkway outside of Capital Circle?

I've also noticed somehwat the same thing on Mahan toward I-10.

Is it just me, or does it look like widening is underway on Apalachee Parkway outside of Capital Circle?

I've also noticed somehwat the same thing on Mahan toward I-10.