Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

provid

Prov. Pedestrian Preservation Project

30 posts in this topic

This is certainly someone's attempt at humour, and I think I rather like it.

it isn't very good looking, or even to scale though! if it was, i totally would have bought into it. especially since i have been hit by a car right around there. :)

God I hope this is a joke. Ever see these things few years after they are installed? They dont age well at all. And in a maintenance deprived city such as Providence, they will look even worse.

Plus, Memorial is a grand open wide boulevard. Placing this thing over it narrows it somewhat...

A quick google search showed nothing for an American Solutions architectural firm.

"pedes-trian"

last time I checked, this was not a hyphenated word...

Gotta be a joke, those bridges are in no way ADA accessible!

I also hope this is a joke. Mike - where did you find this jewel?

Gotta be a joke, those bridges are in no way ADA accessible!

it isn't very good looking, or even to scale though! if it was, i totally would have bought into it. especially since i have been hit by a car right around there. :)

It is posted near the intersection of Westminster and memorial ( RISD Side )

I also hope this is a joke. Mike - where did you find this jewel?

well, I guess it wasn't too bad then - sorry to hear about either way. A JWU student in a mustang - hmmmm, maybe I should have been a chef??

Is the person in that picture supposed to be the road-runner, or Wylie E. and we're just waiting for the ACME trailer truck to zoom by and run him over???

...on the RISD side - HHHMMMMMMMM

Two other problems to point out -

A. The stairs on the left point away from the current foot bridge over the water.

B. The foot bridge would block the view of the intersection traffic lights.

B. The foot bridge would block the view of the intersection traffic lights.

I object to the height of this bridge. :P

I think the little gray thing in the upper right corner is an elevator which travels along the rail you can kind of see in the render. I also think it is a joke, but they did think of that. Adding mechanical parts to the system will surely make the maintanence fail!

i was hurt, but it was worth it because i was darting across the street (the walk/don't walk light was OUT!) to go to borders to secure a voodoo doll on which to draw a St Louis Cardinals outfit on the first night of the world series, which was a saturday and i was clipped by a Johnson and Wales kid in a mustang. Not wanting to spend the first night of the world series at RI Hospital where they might not have a TV on, i got the voodoo doll outfitted and dropped off at the Decatur (where it clearly did its job) and i opted to wait until monday to go seek medical help.

good times, man. gooooood times. :P

You, madame, are an inspiration to us all. I hope the Sox sent you some kind of medal for this. What's the Red Sox Nation equivalent of a Purple Heart?

Oddly enough, I saw Traffic Engineers timing the walk signal and taking photos of this intersection as I walked to lunch this afternoon. :unsure: