Prov. Pedestrian Preservation Project

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I hope this is a joke. Ever see these things few years after they are installed? They dont age well at all. And in a maintenance deprived city such as Providence, they will look even worse.

Plus, Memorial is a grand open wide boulevard. Placing this thing over it narrows it somewhat...

A quick google search showed nothing for an American Solutions architectural firm.

well, I guess it wasn't too bad then - sorry to hear about either way. A JWU student in a mustang - hmmmm, maybe I should have been a chef??

Is the person in that picture supposed to be the road-runner, or Wylie E. and we're just waiting for the ACME trailer truck to zoom by and run him over???

...on the RISD side - HHHMMMMMMMM

I think the little gray thing in the upper right corner is an elevator which travels along the rail you can kind of see in the render. I also think it is a joke, but they did think of that. Adding mechanical parts to the system will surely make the maintanence fail!

i was hurt, but it was worth it because i was darting across the street (the walk/don't walk light was OUT!) to go to borders to secure a voodoo doll on which to draw a St Louis Cardinals outfit on the first night of the world series, which was a saturday and i was clipped by a Johnson and Wales kid in a mustang. Not wanting to spend the first night of the world series at RI Hospital where they might not have a TV on, i got the voodoo doll outfitted and dropped off at the Decatur (where it clearly did its job) and i opted to wait until monday to go seek medical help.

good times, man. gooooood times. :P

Archived