More Google Earth Goodness for Greenville

Beowulf

In a previous thread I posted that new high resolution images are available for nearly all of South Carolina in Google Earth as of October 3. I have also stumbled across another neat resource. Jason Parker has created 3D models of many of the buidlings in Downtown Greenville using Google Earth's Sketchup tool, and has shared them with the Google Earth community. The image below is a capture of those models...

280045680_78ddc3a6fa.jpg

As you can see, the Greenville skyline isn't quite complete, but what he has finished is impressive. You can download the KMZ file by clicking here.

You will need Google Earth 4 in order to see the 3D models. Google Earth 3 won't work.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I did add some proposed buildings to the model. The point was to try and illustrate what the new projects would mean for the skyline. It's been a while since I've updated it, though. I've been pretty distracted here starting at the College of Charleston. (BTW: talk about different attitudes to downtown growth!)

Anyway, I'm glad that you guys like it. I do hope to eventually fill it out a little bit more if I have the time. :)

Yeah, I did add some proposed buildings to the model. The point was to try and illustrate what the new projects would mean for the skyline. It's been a while since I've updated it, though. I've been pretty distracted here starting at the College of Charleston. (BTW: talk about different attitudes to downtown growth!)

Anyway, I'm glad that you guys like it. I do hope to eventually fill it out a little bit more if I have the time. :)

Archived