The Terrifying Triad

suburban george3

OK, I saw the thread in the Charlotte room and in the spirit of Halloween, thought I would start one for the Triad. Without necessarily getting into page long posts, let's tell of haunted places and tales of the Triad area!

I'll start with the "lil red man" who used to haunt the basement of the Single Brothers House in Old Salem.

:shok:

and next we have.......

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I saw the thread in the Charlotte room and in the spirit of Halloween, thought I would start one for the Triad. Without necessarily getting into page long posts, let's tell of haunted places and tales of the Triad area!

I'll start with the "lil red man" who used to haunt the basement of the Single Brothers House in Old Salem.

:shok:

and next we have.......

OOOOH, I want to play even though I don't live there. Near High Point and Jamestown there is some narrow bridge you go under and it has all kind of graffiti all over it---not gang stuff just like high school writing. Apparently a girl died there and you can see her ghost on certain nights. My girlfriend told me about it----I'll ask her for more details.

I was looking for info on Gravity Hill in Denton and found this site. It has info about that bridge in High Point also, I might have to make a trip to Denton one day and check out that hill. Some of my classmates have been and say it's pretty cool.

I've always heart stories of Hunter Elementary School in Greensboro being haunted (especially when I attended it in 1984-85). It had the classic pictures in the lobby of former principals with the eyes that seemed to follow you, and there used to be a tree in front with a long metal hook in one of the branches (looked like someone could hang from it), and strange noises coming from the basement. It was just a creepy old building to me. The main building does look haunted too (it was built in the 1920's).

Archived