River's Edge at Berkley

vdogg

SUNSATIONS REALTY, LLC, for the following applications on property extending 270 feet, more or less, along the northern line of Indian River Road beginning 132 feet, more or less, from the eastern line of State Street and extending eastwardly; premises numbered 324 Indian River Road; Geographic Parcel Identification Numbers 1437111618 and 1437019664; property also fronts 220 feet, more or less, along the southern line of Emmett Place beginning 105 feet, more or less, from the eastern line of State Street and extending eastwardly; premises numbered 335

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone heard of "Rivers Edge at Berkeley" yet? I think this is new. Also, due to the lowering demand for condos I would imagine this would be an apartment building perhaps?

Forward to page 26 of this pdf file... these are the conceptual plans for the southside.

http://www.norfolk.gov/Planning/comehome/southside_plan.pdf

It looks like they're describing the area right across from Spotico Creek where they have the 3 multi-family units depicted.

Forward to page 26 of this pdf file... these are the conceptual plans for the southside.

http://www.norfolk.gov/Planning/comehome/southside_plan.pdf

It looks like they're describing the area right across from Spotico Creek where they have the 3 multi-family units depicted.

Thanks for finding that humoungous file. That answers every question I could've possibly asked about this project. :lol: It sounds interesting and seems like it'll be a good development for that area. Can't wait till we get some ground level rederings.

Thanks for finding that humoungous file. That answers every question I could've possibly asked about this project. :lol: It sounds interesting and seems like it'll be a good development for that area. Can't wait till we get some ground level rederings.

If it's gonna be on the water, I can Imagine how ex$$$pensive it will be to live there. :shok:

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, beat me to it, but here's a blurb:

Downtown's high-rise housing boom could extend across the Elizabeth River to Berkley, an area better known for its shipyards, if an ambitious plan to build three condominium towers becomes a reality.

Sunsations Realty, a Virginia Beach development group, has proposed the project, which would include a 31-story tower that would be the city's second-tallest building. Two towers would be 15 stories high and prices would start in the mid-$200,000s, Vice Mayor Paul R. Riddick said.

Do not expect any of this to start construction soon. This is probably more along the lines of a Centennial tower type thing with construction starting around 2009 or something. They're probably gonna wait for the condo market slowdown to flatline before they even attempt construction.

I am actually against this project at first sight. It is basically three residential towers that would be cut off from everything and would have to solely rely on car drivers.

Now if this development worked with the Berkeley neighborhood and made things better for it, then I would support it.

I am really excited about this potential development on the Berkely side of the Elizabeth River. I know it might be a while before the towers are built but they will definitely change the character of the Berkely neighborhood. The proposal to extend the Elizabeth river ferry service to this location is a good one. :rolleyes:

I am actually against this project at first sight. It is basically three residential towers that would be cut off from everything and would have to solely rely on car drivers.

Now if this development worked with the Berkeley neighborhood and made things better for it, then I would support it.

Do you guys realize how expansive our skyline will look approaching downtown from the beach. With Hoffler, Brambleton and Granby to the right of downtown and this project to the left you won't be able to fit it all in a single shot. Norfolks really gonna look like the major city it is in a few years time. :)

Archived